Rhode Island Nesties

what to wear to henna party!

so we have a friend who is throwing a traditional henna party to celebrate his upcoming wedding in sudan.

the party is in cambridge, ma at an armenian hall and starts at 8pm

here is what the invite says:

In preparation for my coming wedding in Sudan, I will be having a Sudanese pre-wedding party with the help of Sudanese community in Massachusetts. (we call it henna party in our culture). It's for all friends and their families in here since the majority won't make it to the wedding in Sudan.

so, would you dress up like you would for an evening wedding? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Excited for Baby #2!

BabyFruit Ticker

My Blog Simply Mommies

Re: what to wear to henna party!

• well if it is a henna party i would think people of his culture - sudanese - would be in traditional garb.  I think a cute little sun dress or simple black dress - nothing over the top.
  • My friend's brother married an Indian woman.  They had "Mehendi" the night before, which I think is similar to the henna party you're going to.  I'm looking at the pictures that her mom had posted on FB, and like Steph mentioned the folks from the bride's family were all in traditional Indian garb (Sari).  My friend is wearing a skirt and a shirt, as are other people in the background of the pics.  Some have dresses on, but nothing fancy.
  • ok thanks! i didn't think i should dress too formal, but i wasn't sure!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Excited for Baby #2!

BabyFruit Ticker

My Blog Simply Mommies