Health & Fitness

running shoes with wide toe box and arch support

any suggestions?  I have asics currently which I used to love but they are now irritating the side of my foot by my small toe.  I have a stump morton's neuroma (sx removed but still have issues if shoes are tight) so I know I need to get a wider toe box.  I can't do wide width b/c then they are too wide on my heels.

Thanks!

image Ready for summer! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: running shoes with wide toe box and arch support

• Go to a local running store, not a chain, and get a gait analysis and fitted for shoes.  They're the only ones that can tell you what you really need.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • New Balance shoes have a wide toe box. I wear orthotics for arch support.
  • Adidas and Saucony also have a wider toe box and Brooks comes in various widths.
  • Go to your local running store and get fitted.
  • Go to your local running store and get fitted for sure, but I will say that I wear men's shoes because the toe box is almost always wider in men's than it is in women's (except for Brooks, which is still tight).  I just size down one for men's running shoes.
  • i echo everyone who says go get fitted. i will say that i have a pretty neutral stride, wide toe, narrow heel, and like good arch support and i love my adidas supernova sequence 2's. i also used to run in asics and the newer ones gave me blisters in the toes.

also, what has helped me a lot is lacing my shoes through the very top/back loop (most running shoes have 2 "top loops" and most people lace in the bottom of the two). this helps me get a tighter fit w/o heel slipping in shoes that are typically a little wider.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Definitely go get fitted.  I think Saucony's are very comfortable and run fairly wide.

• Definitely go to a running store to get fitted properly. That said, I find that New Balance have a wider toe box- I'm on my 3rd pair and love them. GL!
    image image image