Health & Fitness
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

running shoes with wide toe box and arch support

any suggestions?  I have asics currently which I used to love but they are now irritating the side of my foot by my small toe.  I have a stump morton's neuroma (sx removed but still have issues if shoes are tight) so I know I need to get a wider toe box.  I can't do wide width b/c then they are too wide on my heels.

image Ready for summer! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: running shoes with wide toe box and arch support

• Go to a local running store, not a chain, and get a gait analysis and fitted for shoes.  They're the only ones that can tell you what you really need.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • New Balance shoes have a wide toe box. I wear orthotics for arch support.
  • Adidas and Saucony also have a wider toe box and Brooks comes in various widths.
  • Go to your local running store and get fitted for sure, but I will say that I wear men's shoes because the toe box is almost always wider in men's than it is in women's (except for Brooks, which is still tight).  I just size down one for men's running shoes.
  • i echo everyone who says go get fitted. i will say that i have a pretty neutral stride, wide toe, narrow heel, and like good arch support and i love my adidas supernova sequence 2's. i also used to run in asics and the newer ones gave me blisters in the toes.

also, what has helped me a lot is lacing my shoes through the very top/back loop (most running shoes have 2 "top loops" and most people lace in the bottom of the two). this helps me get a tighter fit w/o heel slipping in shoes that are typically a little wider.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Definitely go get fitted.  I think Saucony's are very comfortable and run fairly wide.

• Definitely go to a running store to get fitted properly. That said, I find that New Balance have a wider toe box- I'm on my 3rd pair and love them. GL!
    image image image