Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Need Help!!!!

Ok so unlike most of you on here, I DO NOT know how to organize! I have tried since I was a kid. I have chronic anxiety and that sets it off. (just learned that a few years ago) It makes me hyperventulate, freak out...you get the picture.  So realize how stupid I am with this situation, I am also realizing it is getting better. I was wondering if anyone has ever used a company that shows you how to organize in you home for your personal life.  I am thinking about doing this but not to sure. If you used one in the Indianapolis, Indiana area that would be even better. Thanks for the help.

Paula

Anniversary
So grateful for an amazing husband in good times and not so good times!
PersonalMilestone

Re: Need Help!!!!

• I don't know of services in your area, but if you have trouble finding one, or if you want something in the mean time, you could try checking out Julie Morgenstern's book "Organizing from the Inside Out" from your library (or getting a cheap copy on amazon.com). There are tons of organizing books out there written by naturally neat people, so they're not very helpful if you're not just like the author...BUT, this author is really well known and has worked with a lot of different personality types, etc and I've found her work really helpful (I'm actually working through her book on time management now). She offers solutions that address the practical and psychological barriers that get in the way of getting/staying organized. Anyway, just a thought. :) Good luck!
  • I don't know if it's still on the air anywhere, but I used to watch "Clean Sweep" on TLC.  An organizer and designer would go to houses where people were pretty overwhelmed and help them sort/toss/etc.  I come from a family of pack rats and some of the tips they gave in the show were helpful to me for learning a better mindset with stuff, which helps with learning to organize.

I also did a google search just now on "professional organizer" and found www.napo.net, maybe that will help you find someone in your area.  Here in CA we have www.yelp.com with some reviews for the same search, not sure what you would use in the Indianapolis area.

Anyway, good luck!