Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Ortho Home Defense Max?

Has anyone used this around the outside perimeter of your home?  I considered buying the other day, but I'm not sure how long after you spray it it continues to work ect.  Any feedback if you have used this would be helpful!

Re: Ortho Home Defense Max?

• I used it and have no complaints! We had a pretty big earwig problem because of the wet weather and since we sprayed I've only seen a couple. I also sprayed it in a few areas inside the house. It does say that it is not harmful to pets as long as you keep them away until it dries.

I think that the label says to spray once a year or something, but I'll probably just do as needed.

• I LOVE this stuff! We picked up a bottle of it for use between pest control visits (bi-monthly) and it's completely taken care of everything. With living in Florida, it's damp and humid, which means tons of bugs. I can't stand even thinking about having bugs in the house. This has completely taken care of any potential problems!
  • We've been using this for years. It really works great. I use the spray around the outside perimiter of the house, and use the granules for ants in our flowerbeds along the patio. (I put them under the mulch).

I dont really like to spray it in the house, even though it is safe, but I only use it if I absolutely have to.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We use it and it's great! We have ants that just love to come into our kitchen and this keeps them away. We tried many different solutions before trying this spray, and this is the only thing that works. DH only has to spray every other month and we have not had ants in a while!
    BabyFruit Tickerimage

Mr. and Mrs. est. September 6, 2008 Expecting Baby #1 October 1, 2013

• I do it every other month because I hate bugs and our development used to be an apple orchard, the spiders and earwigs are ungodly.

I think it works well.