Cleaning & Organizing
Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.
If you have questions about this, please email email@example.com.
Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.
Found this home maintenance list today, thought I would share. More is on our blog at www.trianglehoneymoon.com
Foundation and Decking:
- Twice a year, check your home?s foundation for cracks and sign of water damage.
- Extend gutter downspouts to direct moisture away from your home. Point for us!
- Every year inspect your deck for signs of rot, damage, termite infestation and for nail pops. Clean the surface annually as well.
- Clean and repair gutters twice a year. Point for us!
- Every fall and spring check your roof to ensure it is in good repair. Point for us (we do this when we clean the gutters)!
- Use caulk and other sealants to repair seals around doors, windows and pipes.
- Clean your siding every two years and check for any cracks to repair as needed.
- Every season check for drafts around your windows and doors and ensure that you have tight-fitting weather strips.
- Lubricate hinges on doors once a year.