Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Paint with primer

We will be painting a couple of rooms in our home and do not want to have to prime before we paint. I have heard their is paint that has primer is it. Anyone have any experiences or recommendations? Any brand preference? TIA!

Re: Paint with primer

• DH and I have been using the Behr paint+primer. We still had to do two coats but it does cover better than just regular paint as long as you aren't dealing with any weird paint situations.

There are some times that you'll just have to use regular primer and then paint...

Painting over yellow, red, and black. Those colors are just a PITA to paint over and do require regular primer.

Painting over stripes, blocks, etc. You have to use primer; or better yet sand the walls first and then re-paint.

Extreme color changes. If you're going from dark blue to white/yellow walls, you'll be better off priming. Any residual color bleed-through will affect what your final color looks like.

• I also used the Behr paint with primer and loved it. I did two coats, but it covers really well and looks fantastic.
  • Thritto the suggestion of Behr P&P. It's a fantastic product and I used it to paint my entire house.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Like PP have said behr paint & primer is all we use in our house, We love it. The previous owners has some pretty crazy colors in there and with just two coats for behr you would never know what had been there before..       ***cough*** school bus yellow ***cough*** it was a horrible color =(

Photobucket
  • Thank U ladies I am going with your recommendation.