Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Tub stains

I have an old tub (porcelain, I think) that I used to clean with Comet once a week to remove scum and build-up.  But, I think that it has removed the finish on the tub, because the tub feels rough and grainy in places and I can't seem to get some dark spots out. 

What can I use to:

1) Remove the dark, dirty spots?

2) Keep the tub clean without further damaging it?

Right now, refinishing the tub is not an option.

Thanks so much!

Re: Tub stains

• ditto pp. also just so you know there is a cheap kit that you can buy at home depot or lowes (30 bucks) and you can refinish your tub. I have had it done on a claw tub in my last apartment and it was only like 150. and it was awesome. good luck.

Anniversary

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

JennyB's Contact!!!

252759_2133433934243_1197891513_32602090_8158869_n.jpg

• The only thing that keeps our old tub clean is Method Tub + Shower cleaner.  It works wonders!

• Thanks to both of you.  I will give your suggestions a try!
  • Ditto to the magic eraser.  I used the sticky strips on the bottom of the tub for traction and when I took them up you could see the marks of where they had been.  Used a Target brand magic eraser and with a little elbow grease, everything came up - all the dark spots, soap scum, etc.
  • Does your tub feel cold when it's empty? If so, I'm wondering if it's enameled cast iron, which was very very common. It sounds like you have worn down the enamel and the iron is showing through. So if the rough spots are over the dark spots, then stop scrubbing!!

- Jena