Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Where to buy essential oil for vinegar multi-purpose cleaner?

I'm sorry this is a dumb question but I've seen on here that many add a few drops of oil (like peppermint) to their homemade cleaners. Where do you usually buy the essential oil at?   Also, is there a specific type to buy or avoid?   Thanks!

Re: Where to buy essential oil for vinegar multi-purpose cleaner?

• Don't feel bad, I just asked this here a couple weeks back.  Many suggest Whole Foods but I don't have one where I live now.  I have a natural food store near me and they had some.  I got the orange smell.  I just went off of what smelled the best to me.  Many smelled like a$$ in my opinion, lol.
  • Thanks! I don't have a Whole Foods either, but I do have a health food store that may have some.

• I usually buy mine at The Vitamin Shoppe but I have also started seeing a few in certain Walgreens stores.
    DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
  • Target has Tea Tree Oil, it's in the vitamin section. (Tea tree oil is a smell you love or hate, it reminds me of original listerine with that medicinal smell).

I've seen some at bigger Kroger stores and other bigger/nicer grocery stores - and these are stores that are not whole foods type stores, just regular grocery stores They are usually in the health food section or with vitamins.

- Jena
  • Wegman's carries them too - in the natural foods section.

The only thing I'd say to avoid is using them with cats.  I've heard certain essential oils are unhealthy for them.

• I buy mine at wegmans.  There are some places online too.  When I tried the oil cleansing method I ordered from a place (can't remember the name now.)