Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

recommend your stainless steel cleaner?

I was disappointed that all Target has is the 3M wipes for stainless steel.  BBB has the opposite problem.  They've got half a dozen options.  What do you use?

Re: recommend your stainless steel cleaner?

• LOL I don't use stainless cleaner on mine. I use Pledge multi-surface. It works really well at removing water spots and fingerprints and I can use it elsewhere in the house as well.

ETA: I also use a microfiber cloth when I use the pledge MS

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Co-sign on the Pledge. I tried it on a stainless steel fridge for the first time last weekend, and it made it nice and shiny with absolutely no streaks. I tried using the oil before but it left streaks.
  • that's even better. thanks.
  • I really like the Weiman's spray.  It seems to work best for me.
    BFP#1: 1/24/12, MC 2/5/12 @6 wks BFP#2: 4/3/12, EDD 12/11/12 Baby Girl born 11/23/12!!
    Henri and Charlotte, Christmas 2012 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • olive oil!  I've seen this on HGTV & tried it - works great!
  • I have tried everything from Pledge multi surface to olive oil, but the only thing that I have found that doesn't leave streaks was suggested to me by a coworker.  It's a glass cleaner that I found at Wal-Mart.  I have no idea what brand it is (I'm at work right now, or I'd look), but it's in a light blue aerosol can and it just says glass cleaner.  Try it, you will literally see NO streaks.  I love the stuff.
  • Bar Keepers Friend.  I get it at Bed Bath and Beyond
  • Method cleaner with a soft cloth made for stainless.
  • image kaykarr:
    I have tried everything from Pledge multi surface to olive oil, but the only thing that I have found that doesn't leave streaks was suggested to me by a coworker.  It's a glass cleaner that I found at Wal-Mart.  I have no idea what brand it is (I'm at work right now, or I'd look), but it's in a light blue aerosol can and it just says glass cleaner.  Try it, you will literally see NO streaks.  I love the stuff.

Is it Sprayway? I use their Stainless Steel spray and it works but its a bit oily.

• image kaykarr:
    I have tried everything from Pledge multi surface to olive oil, but the only thing that I have found that doesn't leave streaks was suggested to me by a coworker.  It's a glass cleaner that I found at Wal-Mart.  I have no idea what brand it is (I'm at work right now, or I'd look), but it's in a light blue aerosol can and it just says glass cleaner.  Try it, you will literally see NO streaks.  I love the stuff.

Is it Sprayway? I use their Stainless Steel spray and it works but its a bit oily.

• Yes!  That's it, but I just use the glass cleaner, and it's not oily at all.  Also, it doesn't have ammonia in it, which tends to upset my sinuses.
  • I usually scrub with a cream cleanser or baking soda depending on how dirty i feel the sink is. Then dry and  use windex to finish, don't mix with bleach!