Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Left over carpet...?

Hi.  I believe I have posted on this board...but a long time ago.   May I ask a question?  A couple of weeks ago, we got carpet installed up and downstairs.  My question is what should I do with the carpet that is left over that was not used?  Is there any reason to keep it?

Thanks for reading my post, your suggestions, and being a source of inspiration for meBig Smile.

Re: Left over carpet...?

• If you get a stain that can't be removed, a good carpet guy can cut it out and patch it so you won't notice.  I'd keep at least some of it wrapped in plastic in the garage or attic.
  • image prop_tart:
    If you get a stain that can't be removed, a good carpet guy can cut it out and patch it so you won't notice.  I'd keep at least some of it wrapped in plastic in the garage or attic.

Thank you so much for your response:)!  I really wasn't sure about what to do.

• We used our leftover carpet to make mats for our front and back doors (inside).
    DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
  • We used the 'scraps' to make rugs for the basement and back door.... they don't look store bought, but they save money and i don't have to worry about getting them dirty.
  • ditto previous posters...we had the scraps made into rugs for the landings going up to our apartment. We took them back to the carpet store to finish the edges so they do not fall apart
  • When we ripped the carpet out of our house, we made rugs for our front and back porches.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Thanks for all of the responses.  I made two rugs for the laundry room.  As for the rest I will store in the attic....until we close.

Thank you again.