Fashion & Beauty

How to wear a ruffled scarf?

Hi ladies,

I recently bought (and love) this scarf. But I don't know how to wear it. Do I just let it hang around my neck, do I tie it into a knot, or loop it through itself? 

http://www.talbots.com/online/browse/product_details.jsp?id=prdi23649&mode=search&backurl=%2Fonline%2Fsearch%2FsearchResults.jsp%3Fquestion%3Dsale%26trail%3D%26pageNum%3D0%26addFacet%3DSRCH%253Asale%26removeFacet%3D

74 books read in 2011

Re: How to wear a ruffled scarf?

• Here's a cool site that shows ways to wear scarfs

http://www.texeresilk.com/cms-scarf_tying_guide.html

I would wear it wrapped around my neck few times, and loosen it under the chin. If that makes sense.

• Thanks! I'll definitely try that. I was playing with it the other day and felt like a clown. But I hope it's just in my head!
    74 books read in 2011
  • Very pretty scarf! That's a great website from pp.

I wear scarves a lot here in the desert, and most often I will wear it as pp described, looped around my neck a few times, but then loosened at the neck line.

Or I will do what's called the European loop on that website. Double up the scarf, and pull the two ends through the loop. Voila! :-) 

I want to try some other ways on that website though :-) Good luck! 

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • I'm also a fan of what that site calls the European loop. I make sure my ends are a little uneven so it doesn't look too perfect, and I like to kind of fluff the knot part of it until it lays right.
  • I love that look with a normal scarf, but this one feels too full that way. It really looks like a clown neckline! hah
    74 books read in 2011
  • I got my mom that scarf for Christmas, she just loops it once around her neck loosely (like a circle) and lets the ends hang loose, no knot.
  • I totally understand your question, but don't have an answer for you.  I've tried tons of different scarf techniques, but can't find one that I like with ruffle scarves, so I haven't bought any ruffle ones. 

If you do a google image search for ruffle scarf, you'll find a lot of different people wearing them and I think that'll help more than pictures of scarf knots on straight scarves. 

I don't like how it looks wrapped around with both ends hanging down.  This is the cutest one I saw:

• I typically do the European loop thing too...  And thank you for posting the link!  It has been like fifteen years since I've stepped foot into a Talbots.  I have always thought of the store as being way to conservative for me.  However, I must say, there are some super cute clothes on the website. I think I'm going to do a little shopping tonight before I go to bed! :) 

• Thanks so much for that picture of the girl with the red scarf. It's a gorgeous color and tied nicely. Now I wish I had my scarf in red. lol 

image Trixie12:

I typically do the European loop thing too...  And thank you for posting the link!  It has been like fifteen years since I've stepped foot into a Talbots.  I have always thought of the store as being way to conservative for me.  However, I must say, there are some super cute clothes on the website. I think I'm going to do a little shopping tonight before I go to bed! :) 

I have a new found love for Talbots. I used to feel they were too old and frumpy, but lately I've found some good classic pieces there and a great great necklace. My work wardrobe needed some growing up. While my pocketbook doesn't thank me, I'm pleased with my purchases! 

74 books read in 2011