Pets
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

food rec for older sensitive cat?

first time posting on this board, hello everyone!!

our cat is 11-ish years old and seems to have trouble with EVERY food we buy.  she used to be on dry, but after that became troublesome and diff brands didnt help, the vet said she probably just needed wet food as she aged cuz it's easier to chew and digest.  she'll be okay with one brand, but then suddenly either reject it or throw up a lot, so we'll shift to another one which she'll seem to LOVE and gobble up, and then the same darn thing happens all over again!  ugh!!!  

anyone have any good recommendations?  TIA!

Re: food rec for older sensitive cat?

• What brands have you tried with her?
    image image
    image image
  • we've tried science diet, iams, 9 lives, the trader joe's brand, fancy feast, and one other that i can't remember right now...
  • Try brands like EVO, Wellness CORE, Nature's Variety Instinct, and Merrick Before Grain. It's likely that all of those brands made her feel sick because they have a lot of fillers and stuff that your cat doesn't need. Think of it as you eating White Castle(or fast food that's worse than McDonald's) for every meal.

I'm guessing that there is info about cat food in the FAQ's at the top of the page.  Here's a great article on cat foods.

• I agree with Meghan, I think you're having issues with her because the brands you're feeding tend to have filler and byproducts that can really mess with a cat's system.

I'd also be curious to hear what kind of stomach issues you're having with her, whether it is vomitting or diarrhea or both.

Personally, we feed our cats both wet and dry wellness.  If she is having GI issues and needs something blander than I would try California Natural or Chicken soup for the cat lover's soul. 

image "...Saving just one pet won't change the world...but, surely, the world will change for that one pet..."