Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

How to clean a non-stick grill pan??????

I just bought one of those non-stick grill pans, and it is great but so hard to clean!! I made pork chops on it last night and there is grease stuck in the grooves. (So much for non-stick....I even sprayed it with cooking spray before I put the chops on, but stuff STILL got stuck!!) I have soaked it in hot water with soap, reheated it on the stove, used steel wool (not one of my smartest ideas either- started to remove the finish.) I googled how to clean a non-stick grill pan and read something about Kosher salt. Well I tried that it didn't work either! HELP PLEASE!
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: How to clean a non-stick grill pan??????

• Two options here:

1) Easy-Off oven cleaner.  Spray it on, let it sit for a while, then you should be able to wipe it off.

2) If you don't have Easy-Off, try making a paste of baking soda thick enough to stick to the pan.  Smear it on, let it sit for a few hours, then scrub.  You might have to do that two or three times, but it should work.  This is actually my preferred method since I don't buy chemical cleaning products.

Twin boys due 7/25/12
  • dawn power-disolve spray. this stuff saves my life! spray it on, leave it for like 5-10min, and rinse off with water. it usually works like a charm.
  • I've used easy off oven cleaner before...and it worked like a dream! GL!