What's Cooking?
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Southwest salad dressing like Newman's Own at McDonald's

Stop laughting but I love love this dressing and you can only get it at McDonald's.  It's a Newman's Own but they make it FOR McD's.  Does anyone have a delish southwest flavored dressing in their repetoir or blog?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Southwest salad dressing like Newman's Own at McDonald's

• This post is so embarrassing, but I really need a comparable dressing.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I 100% agree with you. I love McDonald's Southwest Salad with grilled chicken. The dressing isn't all that bad for you either. I found this comparable recipe online, but I haven't made it yet. I also think adding taco seasoning and a little lime to light ranch may do the trick.

Here is a really decent copycat recipe for it:

* 2 tablespoons fat free ranch dressing
    * 1 tablespoon nonfat sour cream
    * 1/4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
    * 1/4 teaspoon lime juice
    * 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
    * 1 dash onion powder
    * 1 dash garlic powder
    * 1 dash cumin

This amount is perfect for a single salad....but you can double/triple/quadruple (etcetera) it to make a jar full. :)

• Thanks for posting the question and recipe! I love that salad dressing too!