Decorating & Renovating

Why does walmart's Ship To Store take so long?

I found 2 microwaves that seem great (great reviews, great price, same size as our broken one, etc.) but they wont arrive to the store until sometime between 7/26-8/2.

I dont really shop at Walmart, is that typical of their Ship to Store thing?

Even if I pay for 1 Day shipping, it says it wont get to my house until the 20th. That is certainly not 1 day!

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Why does walmart's Ship To Store take so long?

• I bought my patio set and had it shipped Site to Store.  It was WAY faster than what they estimated.  It arrived within days.
  • cvl105cvl105 member
    Are these microwaves that they don't carry in store or something? Why don't you go see if they have them in stock? Or call your local store.
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • It's basically a function of how ship to store actually works. When you select something for ship to store, they put it in a giant truck. When that truck gets full of things to ship to your store, they ship it all at once.

About 90% of the time it doesn't take quite as long as stated, in my experiences.

• image cvl105:
    Are these microwaves that they don't carry in store or something? Why don't you go see if they have them in stock? Or call your local store.

They are both Online Only items, and I looked elsewhere online to see if someone else had them and Walmart's price beat every single listing by at least $20... (and nobody else has them in store either...)

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker