Crafts

Cricut Lite vs. Regular Cricut

So I know the name sounds ovbious but what is the difference between regular cricut cartridges and cricut lite cartridges?

For those who may not understand the question, Cricut just put out a new line of cartridges called Cricut Lite sold only at WalMart. Search Cricut Lite on Google and see all the fun new catridges!

Anyways, my guess is what you see on the back of the cartridge box is what you get. I would assume the "Lite" means there are no extra features like a whole new keyboard under Bold, or a whole new keyboard under shadow. Let me know if you can provide me with any clarification.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Re: Cricut Lite vs. Regular Cricut

• they're basically trumped up solutions cartridges....just the image and a shadow of it. 
  • I don't own any, but I've seen the inside of the booklet. For $39, I refuse to pay that for the Lites. You get a basic shape plus 1 or 2 layers for it. I think they say 50 or 60 images total. For $20 on ebay, I can get an entire full cartridge with a font, layers, frames, cards, shapes, etc!

They have some cute Lites, but until the price drops, I won't be buying any.