Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Going to see Eclipse by myself

I can't wait to see Eclipse and H isn't all that into it.  I tried to get him to go with me Friday before we go out of town for the 4th but he doesn't want to.  So I plainly asked him today if he wanted to see it at all and he said, "Not really."  So I've decided I'm going to a matinee tomorrow all by my lonesome.  Sigh.  I miss my girlfriends.
image imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Going to see Eclipse by myself

• GOOD FOR YOU!!!

I've always wanted to go to a movie by myself.

~ Started Dating: March 1, 1999 ~ Engaged: November 9, 2002 ~ Married: October 10, 2004 ~ Beautiful Daughter Emily Born: March 1, 2007 (On her DUE DATE!!) ~ Beautiful Daughter Abigail Born: October 1, 2010 ~ Birthday Birthday
  • ditto what Tappin said, I've neever had the balls to go to a movie by myself.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • WTG

I would totally go on my own. Get me some private Edward time. Big Smile

Robin
    <><
    Tizzle 10/07 ~ Boppy 7/09 ~ Chicken 1/12

Robin (jason&robin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)

2014 Reading Goal: 85

• I didn't want to look like a loser.  haha.  It's the first time to go to a movie solo.  But I do love some one-on-one Edward time.
    image imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I went by myself. It really isn't a big deal. When I went by myself to New Moon I ended up buddying up with someone else there by themselves.
  • DO IT!  I go to the movies alone once a month, and I love it!  I saw Eclipse last night with my mom b/c I wanted to do the midnight showing, but I will definitely be going again sometime soon by myself.  I usually make a whole day of it, getting a huge flavored latte or other bad-for-you drink/breakfast item, then drive to a mall that is about an hour from my house & shop for a bit & then go pick out a movie and see it alone.  I haven't gotten the balls yet to go out for a meal by myself anywhere other than the food court, but I would love to get to that point.

My husband and family/friends all think it's silly, but I think they're all secretly jealous of my "Date Myself" days...

Have fun tomorrow!  You'll see, it's way more relaxing to go alone, not have someone hushed-whispering to you, stealing your arm rest, or "sharing" your snacks.  I love it, and I think you will, too!
    BFP July 11, 2009 ~ C/P July 15, 2009
    BFP 11/25/2009 ~ Blighted Ovum Discovered 12/10/2009 ~ Natural M/C 12/24/2009
    BFP 3/29/2010 ~ EDD 11/25/2010

Sawyer Marshall ~ November 16, 2010
  • xojo1xojo1 member
    Sixth Anniversary Combo Breaker

Oh, don't worry about it and just go! I might be going solo also if my girlfriends all decide on a date that I can't make (majority rules in our group). I have no problem going to movies alone since you don't really do any talking or anything.

my read shelf:
    Jo's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Blog
  • I would have done it, but I was able to talk DH into it b/c it's my birthday, LOL. Otherwise it wouldn't have happened.
  • Good for you! I have friends who are Twi fans but none wanted to do the midnight show, I had to BEG 2 girlfriends to go with me and they did, otherwise I would have gone alone!
    Mommy to: Easton Ryan was born January 9, 2008. 7 lbs., 13 oz and 20" long! Mommy to: A sweet angel who went to heaven. Missed Miscarriage. Diagnosed 7/18/2011, D&C 7/20/2011. Found out at 11 weeks pregnant, baby passed at 8 weeks.
  • I may go alone this weekend if FI doesn't want to go. I told him I'd buy dinner after the movie if he went.
  • Go!! I have seen all of them by myself so far!! I don't mind doing things alone though. I would have gone with some friends if I had any hereSad

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • hey, I'm going solo to the afternoon matinee tomorrow too :)
  • Nothing wrong with that!

I went to Eclipse by myself last night and enjoyed every second of it!

Blog [] Planning [] Married

Charlie ? 12/11/2011

2012 Book Count: 16
  • I go to the movies by myself all the time. I went and saw Eclipse yesterday by myself and it was awesome.

I am an emotional movie watcher and being alone when I watch movies, I can just be free to just watch and not worry about someone laughing at me when I cry at scenes (ahem, DH ;)

Our beautiful Maya :)

Ask me about my breastfeeding after reduction success!

[url="http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=breastfeeder&utm_medium=ubb&utm_campaign=badges"][img]http://images.thenestbaby.com/badges/tb_sig_ebf.gif [/img][/url]
  • I love going to movies by myself!!! I can put my total and complete concentration on the show and nothing else!!!

I went to see Eclipse for the second time yesterday afternoon with a gf and DH went to see Toy Story by himself lol

* PAL/PgAL Bumpie & NBC-Twi Nestie * image Bloggity Blog BFP #1 in 2001 ? natural m/c @ 9w4d ? TTC our first since 2009 ? BFP #2 on 8/25/2010 ? natural M/C @ 7w6d on 9/25/2010 Clomid cycle #1 @ 50mg = BFP #3 on 1/1/11 ~ EDD 9/14/2011!!! Lilypie First Birthday tickers