Health & Fitness

Good Diet Pills/ Thermogenics

Hi ladies, I KNOW diet pills aren't great for you. Oh believe me I KNOW! I'm looking to lose like 5-10 pounds though and can't seem to get rid of it fast enough. I was wondering if anybody had any good experiences with a certain diet pill or thermogenics (that they actually saw results from). I work out at the GYM all the time.. i just need more motivation. Thank You All!

Re: Good Diet Pills/ Thermogenics

• It worked for Kim Kardashian and Jillian Michaels. Maybe you could support their pocketbooks.
    m/c 9/8/08
    m/c 1/19/11
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

:)
  • I to am aware that diet pills are not good, however I have used them for a jump start or to get over a platue. That being said, I did get results from OxyElite Pro. Lots of energy and very little hunger :)

• Waste of time and money.  Seriously, if it was as easy as taking a few pills to lose those last 5-10 pounds quickly, don't you think everyone would be skinny and perfect?

Not to mention, many of them can be dangerous.

two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • I have found the quicker you lose the weight, the faster and more the weight comes back. Please do something healthy like change your eating habits, cut down on alcohol or amp up your exercise routine to try and lose the vanity pounds and BE PATIENT. Odds are you probably look fine without the weight loss, so why waste your time and money and risk your health by taking diet pills?
  • So not healthy for your body.

My advice - switch up your exercise routine to give your body a "shock" and change it up.  Also, watch your diet.  5-10 lbs can really come off with your dieting.  Drink only water, limit sweets and high fat/sat fat foods.

I also believe that you'll be much happier with your 5-10 lbs lost if you do it on your own without the help of a pill.  Just my opinion.

"Sweat is my sanity". Sarah Palin "Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised". Proverbs 31:30 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image brandonsbabygrl:

I to am aware that diet pills are not good, however I have used them for a jump start or to get over a platue. That being said, I did get results from OxyElite Pro. Lots of energy and very little hunger :)

How about a HEALTHY jump start -- cut out white flour, refined sugar, processed foods, artificial sweeteners, and alcohol.  Eat whole foods.  Drink lots of water.  That will get you over a plateau.

#PerfectStrangers

2012 Races:
    1/28 - Planet Adventure night trail 1/4-marathon - 1:25:47
    3/24 - Sam Costa half marathon - 2:02:47
    4/14 - Hoosier 10 miler - 1:25:21 (8:32) PR!
    7/8 - XTERRA Freedom Fest Hawaii 10K
    9/1 - Indianapolis Women's Half Marathon
    10/20 - Indianapolis Marathon Relay
    11/4 - Monumental Marathon (full marathon #2)
    11/22 - Drumstick Dash 4.5mi
  • so if you "KNOW" they "aren't great for you" why are you even asking?  if there was something out there that would help people lose 5-10 pounds fast, dont you think no one would ever complain about needing to lose 5-10 pounds?  it's not just about working out all the time, you have to think about what you're eating.  the less you have to lose, the harder it's going to be, and no pill is going to help you. 
    ExerciseMilestone
  • I used diet pills  for a bit until I found out that they really messed with my digestive system. Anyhoo, for the life of me I can't remember the name of them and I don't think they increased weight loss at all (I was already losing weight at the same pace before starting them). I did have a noticeably drop in my body fat % once I started taking the bill but its unclear whether this was attributable to the pills or my work out regiment (But their stated purpose involved body fat not losing weight). All I know is that I had abs and they were beautiful.

ETA: I wanted to add that I don't endore the use of them at all despite how I may have had positive results. My digestive system was a wreck and my heart not so great either.

image, image

• Why you'd seriously ask this question on a board where ppl consistently choose to make healthy choices each and every day for the H&F is beyond me!

Getting fit takes dedication- long term! A diet pill is a quick fix that can result in gaining the weight back at best (once stopped) or ending up with a lifetime of health issues..heart, digestive, ect...

Sorry- but plenty of us have dealt with plateaus.  We eventually get past them by commitment to our lifestyle!

• image Fitnesslover:
    Hi ladies, I KNOW diet pills aren't great for you. Oh believe me I KNOW! I'm looking to lose like 5-10 pounds though and can't seem to get rid of it fast enough. I was wondering if anybody had any good experiences with a certain diet pill or thermogenics (that they actually saw results from). I work out at the GYM all the time.. i just need more motivation. Thank You All!

I know that diet pills aren't good for me and that is why I am against them. In fact, you will be hard pressed to find a solid, reliable suggestion for them on this board.

If you are already working out all the time, perhaps it is time to clean up your eating and/or switching up your workout.

imageimageimage
  • And PS - Thermogenics are especially bad for you because they work by raising your core temperature. So, it you add an already elevated core temperature to exercise, you raise your temperature even more and significantly increase your chances of heat exhaustion...or worse, especially if you do any kind of activity outside in the heat.
    imageimageimage
  • image IndyGirl02:
    image brandonsbabygrl:

I to am aware that diet pills are not good, however I have used them for a jump start or to get over a platue. That being said, I did get results from OxyElite Pro. Lots of energy and very little hunger :)

How about a HEALTHY jump start -- cut out white flour, refined sugar, processed foods, artificial sweeteners, and alcohol.  Eat whole foods.  Drink lots of water.  That will get you over a plateau.

I wasn't telling her to run out and buy the pills. She is already aware that its not healthy as she stated in her post. And while yes, there is options for a 'HEALTHY' jump start, that is not what she was asking for. So again, I am aware that diet pills are not good for you, however i have used them and was just answering her question :)