May 2010 Weddings

What does "Baby Fever" Mean?

How do you know if you have baby fever?

Some days I REALLY want kids with H, and some days I think I don't want them at all.

Considering its a life-altering choice, I don't want to mess this up....

I'm only 26, so I don't know if age has something to do with it?  I do have PCOS, so I know that having a child might not be easy and my friends say to get on it.....

Re: What does "Baby Fever" Mean?

• You know you have baby fever when you think about kids constantly, get jealous when a friend gets pregnant, or even find yourself looking at baby stuff and contemplating making a wish list or registry...
    PhotobucketAnniversary Holiday
  • Don't listen to other people - the only people who need to decide whether or not to "get on it" are you and your husband.

What's important is that you're both on the same page. ;-)  I think it's natural to have some fears since it is a major life decision, but that's different than thinking you don't want kids at all.  DH and I are going to start TTC this summer (possibly as early as next month - we'll see what happens) and I was talking to a friend who is already a mom of a toddler saying I was terrified by the whole idea, lol - she was saying it IS terrifying - but in a good way if that makes any sense at all. :-) But I have no doubts I want kids.

The Bump ate my signature. DD - Apr 2011 DS - expected June 2013
  • image CTGirl30:

Don't listen to other people - the only people who need to decide whether or not to "get on it" are you and your husband.

What's important is that you're both on the same page. ;-)  I think it's natural to have some fears since it is a major life decision, but that's different than thinking you don't want kids at all.  DH and I are going to start TTC this summer (possibly as early as next month - we'll see what happens) and I was talking to a friend who is already a mom of a toddler saying I was terrified by the whole idea, lol - she was saying it IS terrifying - but in a good way if that makes any sense at all. :-) But I have no doubts I want kids.

What She Said ^^^^^^ If you are questioning what baby fever is then you probibly don't have it. Unlike me who went to babys r Us to just browse and see what was out there for cute little wee ones just to see. That has never looked at a fertility chart before and is wondering if I should just to better our chances. Sigh... Yeah I got it bad but take your time and You and he need to decide to "get it on"   

• I know what you mean, every once in a while I get on a baby kick, but it goes away REAL quick. Actually giving birth grosses me out and terrifies me all at the same time. I'm not ready to get no sleep and have no time to myself. We can't have a baby until HH finishes school if that's the route he wants to take, and then gets a full time job and we save up enough. This isn't an option for us, it's a requirement! So luckily I have reasons that I can't give in to the fever Wink

But if you don't think you are ready, don't do it!

Photobucket
  • Agreed! Only you and your HH know when your ready. I sometimes think I'm getting baby fever when I play with a baby at my church, but then I think about how much I want to spend time just being married to my HH. We want to travel and have fun for a few years before we have any. Right now the plan is 4-5 years and I'm on the pill. If it happens before then we won't be upset, but we aren't trying any time soon.
    Two souls but a single thought; Two hearts that beat as one image
  • I would just like to say that I wouldn't recommend trying because you think it might take you a while.  I have so many friends and acquaintances who used that logic and ended up getting pregnant virtually immediately.  Including a girl who wanted to get pregnant soon after getting married, and ended up getting preg pretty much the night they decided to pull the goalie - TWO MONTHS before her wedding :)  She and her HH were obviously thrilled, but she couldn't even have a glass of champagne to toast her groom. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers