Fashion & Beauty

Moms: Nordstrom Kids Shoe-Tying Class?

Has anyone gone to this with their little ones? 

I am going to take my daughter. She rarely wears shoes with laces, so this is something we just never do at home. I thought it sounded fun...just wondering if anyone else has done this and if so, what was your experience? 

Re: Moms: Nordstrom Kids Shoe-Tying Class?

• LOL.  My nephew used to work in the children's shoes dept. at Nordstrom's and had to work these classes..  It's very cute.

Have fun!

• No way!  They have a class?!  My kids really need to get on the ball with this.  They are getting old enough that its just not cool to wear velcro anymore (not that velcro is ever cool).  The selection of tie shoes is so much better. Stick out tongue

• That is the silliest thing I have ever heard of! Isn't that what moms and dads are for?
  • image Joenali:
    That is the silliest thing I have ever heard of! Isn't that what moms and dads are for?

Or substitute teachers? LOL.

Just something fun to do with your child.

• image lab7979:
    No way!  They have a class?!  My kids really need to get on the ball with this.  They are getting old enough that its just not cool to wear velcro anymore (not that velcro is ever cool).  The selection of tie shoes is so much better. Stick out tongue

Yes, it's really cool. You know the Nordstrom kids shoe section is awesome, they have a coloring station, balloons, etc...And they do this class as a courtesy, you should call your store to see which Saturday they do it (usually once a month) before the store opens, aka 9 a.m. We are going to make a day out of it and go shopping and to the cafe etc..

• How do you find out when/where the classes are?  I searched the website and found nothing. Thanks!  Could be a fun activity.
  • image maxlad:
    How do you find out when/where the classes are?  I searched the website and found nothing. Thanks!  Could be a fun activity.

I would just call your local store and see when they do theirs. Mine is the 3rd Saturday of every month from 9 a.m. to 9:45 a.m.. I think it will be cute! 

• image Mrs.C7:
    Confused

Agreed.

People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling.
  • image angelfire0412:

image Joenali:
    That is the silliest thing I have ever heard of! Isn't that what moms and dads are for?

Or substitute teachers? LOL.

Just something fun to do with your child.

So-o-o funny... but I have a true story that makes it so sad...

At 1st grade orientation, the teacher explains the plan for the year. One of the moms interrupted the teacher to ask when he would teach the kids to tie their shoes. Indifferent  So-o-o, apparently, there is a need that Nordstrom is filling.

(and, yes, I checked... the mom did have all of her fingers)

Newlyweds since 2007
  • SurfinBride~Wow, that is weird. I know a lot of people who have put their kids in school early specifically to have the staff there potty train them :(

And just to clarify, this wasn't a dig at teachers by any means, the person it was meant for should know what my comment was about. 

And...

It's not that I'm adverse to teaching her how to do things myself, I mean she can almost read an entire book on her own, writes her name and her brother's, knows numbers and key phrases in 3 languages etc... She's 3. It's not like she's lacking in the learning from mom department at all.

I just thought this would be a fun little thing to do together. Since she's always in sandals, the whole shoe-tying thing has really just never come up for us + Nordstrom is the bomb and it's a great excuse to go shopping after :)

• image Joenali:

Yeah if you have a kid that is willing to sit still and listen and practice over and over again.  Unlikely!  I've worked on teaching my kids to tie shoes many times.  I'm not expecting someone else to teach my kids for me.  I think this sounds awesome because its a class in a group atomosphere where they will be surrounded by other kids their age working on the same task.  So they will be much more likely to pay attention and participate than if we were just working on it at home.