Married Life
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Why is Lululemon so damn expensive???

I want to buy some pants from there, but they're SO expensive. I can't afford to spend $98.00 on a pair of yoga pants. WTF.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Why is Lululemon so damn expensive???

• It's the brand name - like Nike was in the 90s.
  • All I want is a pair of great-fitting yoga pants that make my behind look excellent while also being held in place and getting away with being comfy?? Is that too much to ask? lol Dang!

• Yeah, I can't bring myself to buy any of their stuff.  I stick with the Champion C9 stuff at Target...
    I love my life.
    imageimageimage
    Total workouts from 2006-2009: 33 Total workouts in 2010: 100
    Goal 2011: Work out 10+ times/month every month.
    2011 totals: 223 days, 281 workouts, 249 yoga classes
    2011 Goal Progress Breakdown (Updated 10/4)
  • i sort of disagree about the brand name thing.  i literally am still working out in lulus that i purchased in the early 2000s.  they last forever.  so, i just don't see why anyone wouldn't spend $98 on pants that they don't have to replace nearly as often as cheapies.
  • I have had a pair of their "still" pants for 5 years. I wash them on average once a week. Wear them from everything to workouts, lounging, running errands...and 5 years later they still look great. It's the fabric. It's superior to any brand I've experienced.
    My Fashion & Beauty Blog: www.veronikasblushing.com
  • image boobytrap:
    i sort of disagree about the brand name thing.  i literally am still working out in lulus that i purchased in the early 2000s.  they last forever.  so, i just don't see why anyone wouldn't spend $98 on pants that they don't have to replace nearly as often as cheapies.

Totally valid point. So this means that they don't lose elasticity in the wash? My La Senza Spirit ones are loose now after a couple of years.

• You see, I wouldn't know b/c I am too cheap to try a pair!  Sounds like something to spend my next paycheck on.
  • no, not at all!  and they don't pill or fade.  considering how much they are washed, this is revolutionary. 

• i wore them about 98% of the time when i was pregnant (i have a pair of the low waist ones and ones that sort of have a crossover waist).  anyway, they don't pill, don't fade, and still fit even though i'm no longer big as a house.  seriously.  they didn't stretch out!

i'd pay what i paid for them over again for sure.

kiss it, nest.
  • image boobytrap:

no, not at all!  and they don't pill or fade.  considering how much they are washed, this is revolutionary. 

The old ones don't.  I have 2 pairs, one is 6 or 7 years old and they are amazing.  The other is less than one year old, and they are pilling and starting to get pretty thin in the asss.  The new ones are significantly lower quality.

• All I can say, is that they are so worth it! I've had one pair for almost 5 years now... I wear them everywhere wash them all the time and they are still like new... so if i were you i'd splurge... they are well worth it and i'm sure you deserve it! :)
  • image nada_steph:
    image boobytrap:

no, not at all!  and they don't pill or fade.  considering how much they are washed, this is revolutionary. 

The old ones don't.  I have 2 pairs, one is 6 or 7 years old and they are amazing.  The other is less than one year old, and they are pilling and starting to get pretty thin in the asss.  The new ones are significantly lower quality.

as long as you don't use fabric softener on them you will be golden! I've actually worked there before one holiday season and fabric softener is a big no no.

My Fashion & Beauty Blog: www.veronikasblushing.com
  • i've heard that the quality of the stuff has changed since the sompany was sold off - but i personally can't tell HOW.

wash in cold, hang to dry.  no iron, drier, weird detergents/fabric softener/etc. and they are fine.  i'm still not seeing the diff.

• image veronabrit:
    image nada_steph:
    image boobytrap:

as long as you don't use fabric softener on them you will be golden! I've actually worked there before one holiday season and fabric softener is a big no no.

I never dry them or use fabric softener.   They just aren't as good as the older ones. 

• mine started pilling right away on the inner legs... I've had them for 6 years.

They are comfortable, but I hate the fabric, it scratches. ?If the cut was in a cotton knit I would wear them all the time.?

Left, Right
  • image boobytrap:

i've heard that the quality of the stuff has changed since the sompany was sold off - but i personally can't tell HOW.

wash in cold, hang to dry.  no iron, drier, weird detergents/fabric softener/etc. and they are fine.  i'm still not seeing the diff.

I've found it's hit or miss now, the tops are still excellent, some pants are better then others.  That said, I've tried a few other types of pants and Lululemon is still better quality and at holding it's shape.

I also wash mine on the gentle cycle.

• They're the best pair of pants I have ever owned. I've have mine for a couple years and they've survived a lot. I even lived in them throughout my pregnancy and they still are intact.
    [PM me for the link to my blog]
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • This post reads like a competition for the best care regimen of LLs.
    Left, Right
  • I'm pretty sure I would be incredibly p!ssed if I paid $98 for a pair of yoga pants that I had to wash on cold gentle, not use fabric softener on, and then f*cking hang to dry.

Do we live in parallel universes or something?

• image Stellasmom:

I'm pretty sure I would be incredibly p!ssed if I paid $98 for a pair of yoga pants that I had to wash on cold gentle, not use fabric softener on, and then f*cking hang to dry.

i can't think of any garment, of 'good quality' (and yes, that generally means the price is above your country-bumpkin level stellas) that can sustain said quality using a dryer and fabric softener. 

seriously, you live in some redneck black hole!

• image boobytrap:
    image Stellasmom:

I'm pretty sure I would be incredibly p!ssed if I paid $98 for a pair of yoga pants that I had to wash on cold gentle, not use fabric softener on, and then f*cking hang to dry.

i can't think of any garment, of 'good quality' (and yes, that generally means the price is above your country-bumpkin level stellas) that can sustain said quality using a dryer and fabric softener. 

seriously, you live in some redneck black hole!

Check this Boobs. I look at care tags when I'm shopping and won't even try on something that I can't wash and dry.

My clothes routinely come into contact with snot, baby lotion, grease, ketchup, urine, and on a really bad day, sh!t. Theres no way in hell I'm scrubbing that stuff out with woolite in my effing sink. (snort)

When I had a desk job I used to wear dry clean only pants, and I hated them.

• well fair enough!