Northern California Nesties

How much do you pay for housekeeping?

We just interviewed a housekeeping duo yesterday, and I was a bit shocked by the price.  We have a 1500 sq ft house (3bd, 2 ba), and they said it'd be $150/visit if we do once a month or $100/visit if we do twice a month.  They'd both be there for about 2.5 hours and clean pretty much everything, but don't do laundry (b/c we said it wouldn't be necessary).

I was thinking it'd be more like $70-90/visit for once a month.  I'm in the North Berkeley Hills area. 

How much do you guys pay?  And how big is your house?  What do they do?  How long do they stay for?

And for anyone in my area, I'd love (cheaper) recommendations!

Re: How much do you pay for housekeeping?

• I pay $100 for almost identically what you're asking for. And they use my cleaning products.  My house is 1500 sq ft, it's a cleaning duo and they clean in about 2-2.5hrs (no laundry).  It's one of the cheapest I found for licensed/bonded team
  • That does seem pretty high. I live in Sacramento, so I think its a little cheaper here.

Our house is about 1100 sf and is 3 bed/1 bath.  We pay $60/visit and they come twice a month. They use our cleaning supplies, and come for 2 hours. (there are 2 of them). They do all the 'cleaning' - no laundry, dishes, bed making, etc.  

They did tell us normally there base price is $65 or $70, but our house is small and clean, so only charge us $60

IMG_1313.jpg IMG_1351.jpg
    ERD 01.16.11

Surviving postpartum depression & OCD one day at a time.
    Also experienced antenatal OCD.
    Feel free to ask me questions about my experience.
  • I think my sister pays 75.00/visit for her home. She has 3000 sq. ft home, but we live in rural area.
  • rori11rori11 member

We have a 2000 sq ft home - they come once a month and we pay them $100/visit.  It's a husband/wife team and they are there about 3 hours (I think, I'm never there when they are.)

• image angelabbf:
    I pay $100 for almost identically what you're asking for. And they use my cleaning products.  My house is 1500 sq ft, it's a cleaning duo and they clean in about 2-2.5hrs (no laundry).  It's one of the cheapest I found for licensed/bonded team
    Do they come once or twice a month? If once a month, will you see if they're taking more clients?  (I think you live near me?)
  • image PinkHighlighter:
    image angelabbf:
    I pay $100 for almost identically what you're asking for. And they use my cleaning products.  My house is 1500 sq ft, it's a cleaning duo and they clean in about 2-2.5hrs (no laundry).  It's one of the cheapest I found for licensed/bonded team
    Do they come once or twice a month? If once a month, will you see if they're taking more clients?  (I think you live near me?)

They are looking for more clients right now, I think... I can PM you their info. :) 

• I'm in the same boat - been doing some looking for a housekeeper lately and was a little surprised by the price. My next door neighbor's lady charges $30 an hour, which seemed pretty steep to me. She's also not accepting new clients right now...

Another neighbor said he pays $85 per visit but says the lady does just an OK job (and no windows). She or an associate come every other week and spend about 6 hours cleaning.

Another neighbor told me she pays $115 and it takes about 2 1/2-3 hours. She didn't say how often they come but I suspect it's more than once a month.

If you found someone good and fairly affordable, please let me know! I will do the same  :)

• I just hired one yesterday!!! They start tomorrow, Thursday.  I'm paying $49.50 (total) for 2 people for 3 hours. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • image msnehz:
    I just hired one yesterday!!! They start tomorrow, Thursday.  I'm paying $49.50 (total) for 2 people for 3 hours. 

What?!  $50?!  I totally should've moved to Sac.