Des Moines Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Help me decide what my boys should wear to a wedding

My niece is getting married in two weeks and I'm trying to decide what the boys should wear. The ceremony is outdoors at an arboretum, and the reception is at a Holiday Inn. I really don't want to spend tons of money on clothes they'll wear just once. Plus, my picky little Cohen has a fit whenever we dress him in button down shirts. I'm pretty sure he'd be in all-day tantrum mode if we tried to put a tie on him.

Another thing - the arboretum has trails, a place to feed the fish, etc. There are a couple hours between the ceremony and the reception, and we'll be spending at least part of that time walking around outdoors. Do you think dressing the boys in matching polos and khakis would be appropriate?  Would nice khaki shorts be pushing it? Or should I suck it up and put them in shirts and ties? That's what all my nephews wore to my wedding (ceremony at a church, reception at a country club).

Thanks!

Happy mom to two sweet, silly boys: Cohen age 4, AJ age 2.

Re: Help me decide what my boys should wear to a wedding

• ss+elss+el member

Summer is too warm to force a little guy into a tie. :) We took Nicholas to a wedding at 10mos (August, no AC in reception hall - ugh) and he wore khakis and a polo shirt. I would go for the shorts if it's warm that day.

• I'll bet they'd be adorable in khaki shorts and polos!! Of course, I put Wes in super comfy not @ all dressy for a wedding Sat so I may not be the best advisor...
    [IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/20f98wo.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/hwyhxs.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/sliw7k.jpg[/IMG]
  • Khaki shorts and a polo for sure!
  • Before you even suggested it I was thinking khaki shorts and spring-colored polos.  I personally prefer solid polos over stripes, but that's just my preference.  I wouldn't bat an eye at a child wearing that to a wedding even at a church. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I was wondering this same thing, my BIL is getting married next month and I have no clue what to get the boys.
    Wedding 6.18.04 Cole 11.20.06 Gavin 3.31.08 Parker 07.15.10 Logan 04.03.12
  • I think polos and khaki shorts would be darling and perfectly appropriate.
  • C's step brother got married when G was 7 or 8 weeks old.  I put him in a little short outfit - light blue/khaki.  It was a small wedding and the reception was at a private home.  I would think you could get by with khaki shorts and a polo for the boys. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • aw!! That will be cute in matching polos!! Make sure to take pics!
  • I agree that polos and shorts would be best given the circumstances. :)
    Nobody said life would be easy. Just that it would be worth it.

[IMG] http://i42.tinypic.com/ekm98p.jpg [/IMG]
    My cooking blog: Pickle Mom's Kitchen
  • I agree w/ everyone else - polos w/ little dressier shorts would be so cute! Khakis would be adorable and easy to find I am sure.  Another cute idea - seersucker shorts w/ little white polos. I just love it when little boys are dressed up in something an older guy would wear!
    Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • All-His
    Another cute idea - seersucker shorts w/ little white polos.

I love this idea! Thanks everyone!

Happy mom to two sweet, silly boys: Cohen age 4, AJ age 2.