Pets
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Got a guinea pig!

A six-month old male from a lady off of Freecycle. She said her two cats were terrorizing it and she felt bad for it. I got the cage, the food, bedding, igloo, treats, hay, etc.

I've never had a guinea pig before and am going to do my research. My daughter was asleep, so she has no idea we have it yet.

He is so cute!!

Re: Got a guinea pig!

• Thanks for taking him out of that situation. Too often, people get pets and don't think about the repercussions. Thank you for taking him out of that.

Do you have pics?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image closapio:

Thanks for taking him out of that situation. Too often, people get pets and don't think about the repercussions. Thank you for taking him out of that.

Do you have pics?

All of this.

• I can't wait to see pictures! I wanted one, but got a dog instead...don't know how that one worked out, but I'm not complaining...
    [IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/212wodg.jpg[/IMG]
  • I do not have pics yet -- he has to come out of his igloo first. LOL! DD has not met him yet either as I want to ease him into the situation.

I do have a dog and a cat but the cat is older and not interested. The dog, I think once he gets over the excitement, will be OK.

Wilbur is in my DD's room where I can close the door when needed.

• How fun!

I had a guinea pig growing up and she was really sweet. She loved to snuggle and would start chirping when she heard you come home. Having a safe place for her to run around sometimes (separate from your other pets) is a good idea.