Des Moines Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

BR: Tutu/shopping help!

I have my dance recital next weekend and the owner wants me to bring G out on stage to 'introduce' her to all the parents. I have a black tutu that I wouldn't mind having her wear-but I want to find a super cute onesie to go on top. Or a cute dress that looks like a ballerina outfit. I could make something-but I don't know if I'll have time!

Since shopping for hours isn't really in my agenda has anyone seen any cute tutu/ballerina outfits around lately? Or a store in WDM that may hold something that I would find on etsy (I don't think if I order someone from there it will be here in time). Or if you've found something super cute on etsy too....I may find the time to get it done!

[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/2cf30v4.jpg[/IMG]

My Blog My TTC Blog

Gia Rose Sews

Re: BR: Tutu/shopping help!

• I was at Valley Junction Farmer's Market tonight and saw two booths that sold tutus and other stuff that looked adorable from a distance.
    Happy mom to two sweet, silly boys: Cohen age 4, AJ age 2.
  • Me and Mommy to Be now sells cutsy stuff like that!  I now have to stay away from there because I get sucked in by all the new stuff as opposed to saving money on clothes! 

I agree with Buzz too, I got a bunch of things for Ella at the VJ Farmers Market last year.

• What about just a plain pink onesie with your black tutu?  Maybe you could embellish it with one of those stick on crystal things they have at Michael's or Hobby Lobby...I think I have seen a ballet slipper before.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't post on here often but Sydney has a onsie with a pink tutu attached. I think my mom got it for her at BRU.  If you would like to borrow it you are more than welcome to.  She has worn it once for pictures and I don't think she will be wearing it again any time soon.  I live in the beaverdale area and you can e-mail me at [email protected] and I can send you a pic.  I would just ask that I get it back!
  • I just added a pic of Sydney with it on...sorry the pic is sooo big. I'm not very good at the whole picture thing on here!
  • Looks like you got some good suggestions, but you could also try Von Maur or Pink Hippo.

If you don't find anything, I bet Hobby Lobby would have some cute sparkly embellishment you could iron on a onesie.  I know you said time is a factor but that would be super easy!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I bought a gorgeous little ballerina dress from von maur, soooo cute, I got it when my oldest was a baby but they might still carry something similar.  You could borrow it, but might be way to big I believe its a 3-6 months.