Inland Empire Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Odd wedding today

I went to a wedding today- it was my receptionist's wedding. She and her H have been married for more than a year and have a baby together. Today was the big-white-dress part of the marriage.  At the reception several people commented how they were already married, etc...

I've never been to a wedding like this and did find it a bit odd that they would go through such a big to-do after having been married for more than a year at this point.  They are in the process of losing their house and I really just think they could have spent the thousands on keeping their home. But it seemed really important to her to have the big day and not just the legal marriage part.

Aside from that, here are a couple of interesting details of the wedding: The pastor kept calling the groom by the bride's ex's name, the photographer camped out in the middle of the aisle with his umbrella flash thing and blocked everybody's view of the ceremony, the wedding started 45 minutes late (huge pet peeve of mine) and she had 4 different favors for each person. 

Don't worry about tomorrow. After all, today is the tomorrow that you worried about yesterday. Take each day as it comes...one at a time. Midnight Baking Adventures Blog

Re: Odd wedding today

• uh, that does seem really odd. have a baby, losing my house. I am so not going to be thinking about a 2nd wedding. What were the favors?
  • The losing he house part is what really gets to me. Work on your family, and when things are better in 10 years have a re-commitment ceremony somewhere beautiful. I know I am being judgmental, but I am a family first kind of gal.
  • And that was what I was thinking.  At first I was thinking it was a bit odd to do the wedding so far after the initial legal bit- but then I understood the whole white dress, everybody there part- makes sense.

But losing the house was a bit of a problem for me.  Work on the family and creating a stable home environment, then do the recommitment thing later like Diana said. 

As far as favors went:

1) Tulle/Mesh bag with after-dinner mints

2) Bells (to ring so they kiss, instead of clinking glasses) with portraits of them attached to a magnet held in the note-holder part of the bell.

3) Bags imprinted with their names and wedding date filled with werther's original candies.

4) Postcards of their engagement photo shoot.

Don't worry about tomorrow. After all, today is the tomorrow that you worried about yesterday. Take each day as it comes...one at a time. Midnight Baking Adventures Blog
  • Oh wow that is kinda odd I did things kinda backwards myself but it was because we both had kids from a previouse relationship soo we bought the house first and then did the wedding it took us alot longer than we wanted though
  • And I get if you're buying a house together... makes sense... but they're losing a house together, then getting married... just seemed a bit backwards to me. Hope i didn't offend!
  • Oh no not offended at all :0) I totally agree, I think they should of taken care of the house issue instead of spending the $ on a big wedding :0)