So, I *know* that "they" all say to get on waiting lists even before you get pg! - But we had a rather long road getting here so didn't have the luxury of making any advance plans.
So, today I call the daycare that I was just certain was going to be perfect in every way (location, cost, and etc.) - and they're waiting list is *closed* because it grew to over a year and a half wait!
I'm not really sure where to start figuring out "plan B." We're expecting 2, and I'm terrified of the cost. Also, with 2 I know it will be harder to get in. I was hoping to wait until the end of the first tri to deal with this - but I guess not!
Also, location is pretty important to us - DH and I live in the West End area and work downtown. I just can't see leaving out house, driving to Brentwood or Bellevue or where ever, then backtracking 20 minutes to work! But, of course, we'll do what we have to do. . . . .
Also, with 2, it crossed my mind that in-home care might actually be just as cost effective. . . . any ideas or recs of how to begin researching this?
Sorry for all the questions, and thanks for any help you can offer!