Decorating & Renovating

Does Ralph Lauren paint still exist?

HD has replaced it the Martha Stewart's line.  Anyone know if RL paint is even still on the market?

Re: Does Ralph Lauren paint still exist?

• Yes, just saw it at HD yesterday.
  • I don't think it is, we had a RL red colour and had to get HomeDepot to just match it the best they could with the empty can we had
  • Yep. Here is a link to people in your state who may be able to help you find a retailer.

• Not that this answers your question, but I was just thinking about RL paint this morning.

I loved RL paint when it first came out and was made to RL standards. Really nice quality.   When Glidden changed the formula it was such a disappointment.  I haven't tried it in several years, but if they switched back to the old formula I would use it again.

• I almost think it's on it's way to discontinued.

There's a local farm and home store here that sells paint. Usually they have brands that are about to get phased out or more "off brands." They all of a sudden have a color wall of Ralph Lauren samples.

• Unless you're dead set on a RL color, SW and BM are far superior in quality for around the same price (and I'm pretty sure they can color match for you.) 

When we first moved into our condo in 2005, I painted 2 rooms w/ RL, and liked the quality/formula. When we moved out in 2009, we had to buy another can to repaint a wall, and it was like completely different paint...I wasn't a fan at all.  

• The RL paint was the same as the Glidden paint, which HD still has. They just charged more for the name.  I am sure they can still color match it for you if you have a chip or the color name.  

Behr is much better paint anyway, I would rather use that than the Glidden (RL).