Entertaining Ideas
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Football season!

DH and I often host friends for football games in the fall (Notre Dame for him, Cleveland Browns for me) and was wondering if anyone had some good finger food recipes. I have a ground beef/cheese dip that I make, but I want some new ideas for this season.
[img]http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb266/stef92207/536170_620653538762_59100492_32279929_1501372319_n-1.jpg[/img][img]http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb266/stef92207/BabyEli004-1.jpg[/img]

My Coffee Break

my read shelf:

Re: Football season!

• I personally love dips.  They're easy to make and usually go over well.  I am a big fan of Pampered Chef finger foods and Tastefully Simple dips.

Also, mexican layered dip (beans, cheese, sour cream, salsa, guac, etc.) has always been a hit!

• Do you like potato skins? They're really good.  And its a great way to be creative and add what you like to them too. I've made them a few times for parties and gatherings with the families.  They were a big hit.  Let me know if you need a recipe. 

• The person before me had a really great idea with pampered chef foods. 

Personally I loved the tortilla chips and berry dip it was great, and this one is not a finger food, but it has always been a big hit at all my parties --> The candy apple delight is soo good.... its light and its nice a summery since we are still in summer months at least and its a great dessert to serve to guests.... 

• Tyson makes some Tequila Lime Chicken Wings that we have made by throwing them in our crockpot on low for a few hours. ?They turned out really good!
    [IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/2mgjhxw.jpg[/IMG]
  • I do these meatballs that are always a hit.  I buy a big bag of the frozen, fully cooked meatballs from Costco or Sams or wherever.  In a crockpot I add the meatballs,  a small jar of honey, a bottle of BBQ Sauce, and a can of pineapple chunks (drained).  I also add garlic, season all, italian seasoning, and whatever other seasonings you would like and season to your specific taste.  Cook on low for a couple of hours or on high for a shorter period until the meatballs are hot.  You don't have to worry about thawing out the meatballs either.  They are always a hit.  They can be done in the oven as well.

You could also do homemade pizzas cut into bite size pieces for appetizers as well.

• I like both of the PPs ideas.  I thought both of them were great.  I know I have thought of meatballs, but the recipe she gave sounded really good.  And I have never thought to cut up pizzas and have them as appetizers.  Great ideas. Thanks! :)
  • Every year, DH's football draft is at our house... and it has become a tradition I make bite-size meatballs.  They are very easy to make.  I get a frozen bag; in a large pot over medium heat, add 1 32oz bottle of BBQ sauce and 1 32oz bottle of grape jelly.  When melted and well mixed, add meatballs and wait for them to get hot.  Very easy to make!  Yesterday, I served them as a mini sub (in hotdog breads) and added parmasean (sp) cheese.  Delish!

I also bought some pulled pork; heated them up and served in sandwiches.  Easy meals is what's served in my house. 

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • This apple dip is awesome!

Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;}

Brickle Dip

1 block cream cheese -- room temp

1/3 cup brown sugar

1/4 cup white sugar (Splenda works great, too!)

1/2 bag Brickle Chips (Heath Bar Crumbles)

Mix all ingredients together.  (Wooden spoon works great for mixing)

Chill.  Set out 30 min before serving.

Serve with red and green apples.

• This one is also very popular served with fritos or bagel chips. 

Hot Onion Souffle 

3 packages cream cheese (can use reduced fat)

1 cup of mayo

1 cup of parmesean cheese

1 bag of frozen chopped onions

Pour all together and mix well (I use hand mixer).  Pour in greased 8x8 dish and top with paprika.  Bake at 350 for forty-five minutes or until bubbly.  Enjoy!

• my mom and aunt made home made stuffed japs. for my reception and they were a huge hit.

cut the peppers in half...cut the seeds out.  (long ways)

take cream cheese and mix hidden valley ranchs fiesta rach dip seasoning in with the cream cheese. 

Stuff cream cheese mixture in pepper  wrap with bacon... cook in the oven for about 10-15 min

done...and awesome