Married Life

What's the deal w/ Pandora bracelets?

I was at the mall today and there were lines all the way wrapped around the corner at the Pandora store. I did not realize how popular they were. Is it just charm jewelry? I don't have kids so maybe it's more of a mom thing? I don't remember seeing this craze last year around Mother's day.

Re: What's the deal w/ Pandora bracelets?

• It's not a mom thing.  My co-worker is into them and she doesn't have kids.

I have always loved charm bracelets, but I feel like these are a phenom for slightly older folks.

• My coworker is also into it. She buys herself a charm for significant events in her life, or people gift them to her. I like the concept, but the charms are so pricey that I would worry about losing the bracelet with them all on it!
  • oh okay. I have never seen a line that long for anything in the mall. They actually put up signs that said, "Please wait your turn" or something like that. The people were going nuts over them. They're cute, I guess. They just had that mom-ish look to me. 
  • But they aren't very charm-y right?  Most of them look like fancy beads.
  • image JoyGotDots:
    But they aren't very charm-y right?  Most of them look like fancy beads.

Both.  They have glass beads and then things like flip flip charms.

Or the queen bee, as my co-worker thinks she is.

They do a gold collection and silver.  The all gold is even more pricey.

• image JoyGotDots:
    But they aren't very charm-y right?  Most of them look like fancy beads.

That's what I don't like about them.  

• Just googled. They remind me of Brighton stuff. Not my favorite.

Isn't any charm bracelet shockingly expensive when you add up all of the charms?

• image Stellasmom:

Just googled. They remind me of Brighton stuff. Not my favorite.

Isn't any charm bracelet shockingly expensive when you add up all of the charms?

Yeah, that's why I can't get into the whole charm thing. Each pandora charm/bead is $30-$50. 

• I have two, I loooooooooooove them. One silver and one red leather w.a silver clasp.

It's so not Mom-ish - but it definitely depends on the beads you buy. I prefer clean -  modern plain silver /gold beads and it comes out in a really clean look - Grannies tend to like to glass beads and the Theme beads (like bees, or cakes, or travel cases - etc)

• Actually once you buy the bracelet the charms become affordable gifts for people to give. I'm not into it and I don't have one. But they are way less expensive than the Tiffany charm bracelets. 
  • image stpetegirl:
    But they are way less expensive than the Tiffany charm bracelets. 

Well yeah. lmao. I've got a yellow gold charm bracelet that I got as a H.S. graduation gift, and my family has bought me a lot of charms for it since. It's gotten to the point where I feel like someone is going to try to take it off of me in public, since the price of gold is so high and it's just a big ole hunk of gold on my wrist.