Decorating & Renovating

Silver Sage - What accent color?

Just looking for accent colors to go with silver sage paint.  I am finding it pretty hard to coordinate with anything. TIA 

ETA: If it makes any difference, it's for a kitchen.  Cabinets are white.  appliances are white.  Floors are a medium wood.  Walls will be silver sage.  

Re: Silver Sage - What accent color?

• a soft yellow, tans, shades of blues or greens, too.
    "A friend loves at all times..." Pr. 17:17 MY GOOGLEPAGES BIO image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Tons of colors look great with it. I think the most unusual complement, though, is a deep pinky red. I really love how the color looks at Christmas!
  • My son's nursery is silver sage, and there is also a lot of white, brown, yellow, and spring green.  There's also a pinkish carpet in there that looks quite nice.  The last two pics look really green because they were taken at night with a flash, the first pic is the true color of the silver sage paint.

Hard to tell from the pic, but these circles are a chocolate brown: 

• I would go with something dark---a deep eggplant, midnight/navy blue, or black. Since your cabinets and appliances are white, and the silvery sage (at least the way I'm picturing it) seems somewhat light, I think it would need something dark to complement it.

A pink (like a dark fushia, maybe) like the pp suggested, would be awesome. However, you might get tired of the pink, so maybe use it in something that's easy (read: inexpensive) to swap out if that does happen.

• image alyssa417:

I would go with something dark---a deep eggplant, midnight/navy blue, or black.

This!  What a great impact those colors would make! 

• i have silver sage in my living room and we have chocolate, blackish brown, white, silver, and grey pretty much everywhere.
    Jess and James 10.18.08
    Zoey Emma 08.18.10
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My office is silver sage.  I have white and black curtains with gray and orange as accent colors.  Yep, orange.  I like it.  It's just a little bit, but I think it looks great.

• image missdaniellesz:
    image alyssa417:

I would go with something dark---a deep eggplant, midnight/navy blue, or black.

This!  What a great impact those colors would make! 

I agree! Navy would be gorgeous, as would a deep magenta.