Pets
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

ask me anything

Can you believe I've never done this in the 4+ years since I've been here?

Tomorrow is the Living Green Expo and super study day to finish the semester up. So I'm going to limit my nesting tomorrow.

Tonight....well.....I'm here!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: ask me anything

• What's your favorite wine?
    Mom to:
    Miles (6 year old Maine C00n mix), Boots (5 year old Lab mix), Darla (4 year old GSD/Collie mix), Frankie (1.5 year old DSH mix), Peanut (15 months old - 09/11), and Bean (arriving Feb 2013).
  • Have you met any pesties IRL? If so, which ones?
    Mom to:
    Miles (6 year old Maine C00n mix), Boots (5 year old Lab mix), Darla (4 year old GSD/Collie mix), Frankie (1.5 year old DSH mix), Peanut (15 months old - 09/11), and Bean (arriving Feb 2013).
  • What's your favorite thing that Josie and the pussycats do?
    Mom to:
  • image Dork_Fish:
    What's your favorite wine?

Anything red! I'm not an expert, but I love reds.

image Dork_Fish:
    Have you met any pesties IRL? If so, which ones?

I have met some MN girls. Kiz, Patty and 09092006 (or "numbers" as we call her because I can never remember if I got it right). Would love to meet others!

image Dork_Fish:
    What's your favorite thing that Josie and the pussycats do?

When Jinx is really starved for attention, and she isn't getting it from me or DH, she gets super affectionate with Josie. She'll rub up under her chin and the bewildered look on Josie's face is priceless. I'll have to get that on video sometime.

• Are you taking any vacations this summer?
    Mom to:
  • image Dork_Fish:
    Are you taking any vacations this summer?

Going home to South Dakota this summer. I grew up out there, and DH has never been back with me. My family moved to MN together about 9 years ago, and in the 5 years we've been together I've just never taken him. He's excited.

• image JosiePosy:

image Dork_Fish:

Going home to South Dakota this summer. I grew up out there, and DH has never been back with me. My family moved to MN together about 9 years ago, and in the 5 years we've been together I've just never taken him. He's excited.

That sounds like a lot of fun. Is Josie going too or staying at home?

Mom to:
  • What are your favorite things about your crew?
  • image Dork_Fish:
    image JosiePosy:

image Dork_Fish:

That sounds like a lot of fun. Is Josie going too or staying at home?

Josie has to stay, but I'm planning to check out a highly recommended boarding place for her on Monday. Big Smile

• image meghan0020:
    What are your favorite things about your crew?

Ooh that's a good one.

Cleo has been with me for 6 years. She was with me when the relationship from hell ended, and I met DH. She's my #1 baby and I fully admit I give her perks that the other kitties don't sometimes get.

Jinx is BSC, but she has her sweet moments. She is one of those cats who can purr so hard that she falls over trying to get that little pet on the head when she really wants it.

Simon is the only cat who truly loves to be on my lap.

Josie is quite possibly the most perfect dog DH and I could have adopted. I was nervous about adopting a dog again because DH wasn't a dog person and this was his first dog, but she has totally won him over.  They run together, they play together, and she gets along amazingly well with all of the kitties. She's also the biggest lap dog I've ever had.

I've got a good group. Big Smile