Inland Empire Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Noush

So I didn't realize that you and your dh were going to Kauai!!! Have you been there before? We went there for our honeymoon and loved it.

If you haven't been there before, I have some recommendations.

Food wise: Dukes at the Marriot in Lihue. Also, Puka Dog in Poipu.

We did snorkeling at Kehe beach (I think that was the name of it) on the north side and saw turtles. It's the last beach at the end of the main road on the north side of the island. If you are into roughing it and like hiking, at the end of that road, is a trail that runs along the coastline. It's absolutely beautiful! At one point there is a trail to hike inland and it takes you to this amazing waterfall. It's pretty tough hike and you have to cross the river several times, but it's so worth it.

imageimageimage
Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest image

Re: Noush

• Thank you so much for the recs! We've never been there and I've been totally slacking on doing my research on things to do while we are there but in all honesty I'm just looking forward to relaxing and playing things by ear (we've been needing a vacation badly!).

We're staying Poipu but got a rental car for a great deal on Priceline so I'm sure we'll be checking out the rest of the island. 

My plan is to do some research this wkend so I'll let you know if I have any questions :)

• Well you can definitely do lots of relaxing on Kauai. It's not as touristy as the other islands and a lot slower, but from what I have heard it's the prettiest. More green than the other islands.

We didn't plan our trip at all and just took it day by day. We got a lot of recommendations from Dh's aunt and uncle who live there but also from a great book called: The Ultimate Kauai Guidebook: Kauai Revealed

http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Kauai-Guidebook-Revealed/dp/0981461018/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1272661720&sr=1-1

Your library may have it or you could buy it. There is a book for each of the different islands and I can't recommend them enough.

imageimageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest image
  • Yeah part of the reason we picked Kauai was because we had heard it was more laid back and green than the other islands. We also were considering Honolulu but the prospect of crowds and more urban feel just didnt appeal to us.

I was going to check out Trip Advisor too to see if people had recs on what to do but thanks for the book suggestion. 

• I've heard Kauai has some amazing hiking spots too!
    Don't worry about tomorrow. After all, today is the tomorrow that you worried about yesterday. Take each day as it comes...one at a time. Midnight Baking Adventures Blog
  • BIP: Noush - I'm green..with envy! ?I miss Hawai'i!?