North Dakota Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

OPI axxium

Has anyone used this stuff?

I just got it put on my nails yesterday & so far I like it, of course. :) The nail lady said that it is suppose to last 2-3 weeks. It's pretty cool because if I get tired of this color I can paint my nails with regular polish, remove that, and this axxium stuff should still look good. 

The only thing I'm wary of is that I was told in order to remove it you have to soak your nails in acetone. I don't like that much, but whatevs.

Re: OPI axxium

• Never used it but now you have me intrigued.  What is it?
  • image ericandcindy:
    Never used it but now you have me intrigued.  What is it?

Well you know the gel they use on acrylic nails? It's like that, but this gel sticks to real nails (unlike the kind for acrylics). So you get the gel look, very shiny & healthy looking nails. The gels come in different colors. You have to put your hands in those UV light drier things between each application. The base layer is something they use to make the gel adhere to your nails, then a layer of clear gel, 2 layers of color, one more layer of clear gel (I think?), and then a "top coat". So it takes about 30 minutes for the whole process. At my salon it was $15 for the gel.

So because it's gel your nails are thicker and stronger, and the gel isn't suppose to chip or peel.

• Hmm, I may have to look into this.  What do you think of it so far?
  • So far I like. I'm on the computer all day for work and they haven't chipped - which I have problems with if my nails are too long. I've also been cleaning the house all day, hands in water, picking things up, moving things around, etc, and no chips or peels. So far, so good.