Oklahoma Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Where can I buy pepper spray?

I have evening classes and have to walk to my car alone at night.  There are no freaking street lights so it scares me a little.  Where can I get pepper spray?  I've never bought it before.

Re: Where can I buy pepper spray?

• I bought mine from Academy, they have several kind and exterior colors to match your purse.  I bought one that you can easily turn the safety lock with one hand and then spray.  You want to buy one that is easy to get out and spray.  It would just be point less to buy one that requires two hands to unlock the safety, because the the attacker would have time to take it from you.   

I bet walmart has them, it probably is in the hardware/camping type area. 

• I second the going to Academy.  I had a co-worker telling me about one he got his wife there that can spray someone up to 10 feet away....

Your post reminded me that I need to go get myself one as well....

Oh and kinda off topic but I love your sig...my DH said that if Dracula was after us he'd basically do the same thing...men are funny....

Fabulous and Funky - A Blog by Me

Momma to two angel babies,
    Squishy BFP 06/15/2010, EDD 02/21/2011, M/C approx. 07/15/2010
    Jellybean BFP 01/29/2011, EDD 10/07/2011, M/C 03/23/2011.

Grow Baby Beet!! BFP 11/21/2011, EDD 07/28/2011.
    Keeping fingers crossed that third times the charm.
  • I've seen it at academy and Sportsman's warehouse.
  • I got mine at Academy, too. I like the kind that you can put on your key ring since I always have my keys out when I am walking in the dark anyway.
  • Thanks ladies.  I will add Academy to my list of weekend errands.

Starprincess- I guess monsters make a man's true colors show.  I'm glad DH and I aren't the only couple having these types of conversations.Big Smile