Crafts

Measurements for a 18-24 month dress

What measurements would you recommend using (chest and length) for a dress that would be about 18-24 month size? A photographer friend of mine has requested I make her one as a prop dress, but with us both having nothing but boys (and her's being 2 and mine being 7 months!) we have no idea what that size would be.

Anyone know or have a little one in that size that could measure for me?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

wife to joe 2.2.08. mama to noah 9.5.09.
After multiple m/c's, a MTHFR diagnosis and the Lord calling both of our hearts in the same direction, we're adopting!
theluckiest
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Re: Measurements for a 18-24 month dress

• You will probably get this info before I get back to you, but I have a few 18 month dresses that I can measure for you in a bit.  Have you tried to google it?  You might find some answers there.  What style dress are you making? 
    Crafts for Lily
    My Valentine Bookends (2~13~13, 2~15~09)
  • Go over to one of the big four pattern makers. On the back of the pattern, it should have finished garment measurements as well as the general size range of the body they are sticking it on.

Click me, click me!
  • DD wears a lot of Bishops, so the chest measurement is not precise, but the 24 month length on the Strasburg dress she has is 21" from center neck to hem.

She has an a-line jumper by Gap in 18-24 months that has a "chest" of 12" across when flat (so about 24" circumference) and a shoulder-hem length of 19".

I personally think both of these brands runs a bit "generous" but then again, I have a skinny little baby so I might not have the best frame of reference. 

Crafts for Lily
    My Valentine Bookends (2~13~13, 2~15~09)
  • Thanks y'all! So helpful!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

wife to joe 2.2.08. mama to noah 9.5.09.
    After multiple m/c's, a MTHFR diagnosis and the Lord calling both of our hearts in the same direction, we're adopting!
    theluckiest
    Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers