Fashion & Beauty

Why do I keep getting bumps under my nail polish?

I just painted my nails about 15 min ago and already have bumps forming under the polish.  I've just been sitting here watching a show while I paint my nails and let them dry.  I  haven't touched or bumped anything until I started typing this post, so I know I didn't hit my wet nails on anything.  This is a pretty common problem I have w/ all types of polish.  Are they air bubbles? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Why do I keep getting bumps under my nail polish?

•  Like air bubbles?

Did you blow dry them at all? Sometimes when I do that the heat causes bubbles.

Are your nails clean, free of lotions or oils? Wipe nails down with polish remover before painting.

Is your bottom coat too thick?

• image Sally_Brown:

Like air bubbles?  Could be.

Did you blow dry them at all? Sometimes when I do that the heat causes bubbles.  Nope I've just been sitting here in my computer chair.

Are your nails clean, free of lotions or oils? Wipe nails down with polish remover before painting.  Yep,  I used polish remover, then base coat, then polish. (2 coats each.)

Is your bottom coat too thick?  I don't think so.

• Everything the PP said, plus, are you using a base coat? I used to get the bubbles even from salon manicures until I started using a base coat.  I like Orly Bonder.
  • You aren't shaking the bottle up before you use it, are you?

That can cause air bubbles to get into the polish.

Better to roll it between your hands or swirl it slightly.

Hope is not a strategy.
  • image ZestofLime:

You aren't shaking the bottle up before you use it, are you?

That can cause air bubbles to get into the polish.

Better to roll it between your hands or swirl it slightly.

I totally am, oops!  I'll try rolling/swirling it next time!