Hawaii Nesties

husband + cat + Moby wrap

(Lori, I know you'll appreciate this because I know Joseph did the same thing!)

We recently finished making our DIY Moby wraps for the pirates, and when we were done Ben held one up and asked me how you use it. I started explaining, when he told me to hang on and he'd get a prop. He came back with the cat. Mmmmhmmm.

The end result looked like this (obviously we need to work on our wrap tying technique lol):

Re: husband + cat + Moby wrap

• I think Ben should be the next Moby model. Big Smile Love the last shot!!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image Heather and Mark | Lanikuhonua 8-14-08
  • Awww, look at how cute Indy and Korben are! You know, if John attempted what Ben did, I'm pretty sure he'd be spending the night in the hospital with a billion scratches all over his face. =P I can't tell if it's Jake or Elwood, but that is one mellow kitty!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • image lisakeiko:
    I can't tell if it's Jake or Elwood, but that is one mellow kitty!

LOL Jake - definitely Jake! He and Ben are uber cuddle buddies. Ben and Elwood...not so much. I think there would have been a lot more blood involved if it was Elwood. Stick out tongue

• Awesome!!!  Have cat + moby = works right?!  We did the same thing with Baby Bjorn and tested it out on Gilmore. Hahahaha.....   Kitty looks comfy!!!!  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Married 04.18.08 in Wailea, Maui

My Photography Blog

• This is so awesome!!!  I can't wait to show this pic to Dan tonight.....I know he's going to want to try it!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • it's funny to see the dads have fun with the moby wrap lol.
  • That is really funny & while DH & Satchmo are boys, there is no chance Satchmo would have allowed that to happen!
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Never in a gajillion years would my husband OR my cat go for this.
  • image Amy4773:
    Never in a gajillion years would my husband OR my cat go for this.

EXACTLY!

• haha, too cute - I can't picture any cats I know allowing this!!

• The last shot made me seriously laugh! You must print that picture and distribute it to all of his friends :) It's too cute! 
  • LOL great pics! I love it! Haha, looks like your dogs wish they were in the Moby instead of the cat!
    Sept 2008 Wedding | May 2010 & Mar 2012 Babies
  • LOL I love it! neither of our cats would ever go for that. and i think it's funny that you guys aren't the first ones to try something like this... i would have never thought to try the moby out on the kitty LOL
  • This is great!  How did he get the cat to cooperate?  My cat would have scratched my eyes out.  Priceless picture for the baby album for sure!
  • I can totally picture MH doing the same thing, that's hillarious!  Ben is silly!
    | Olowalu, Maui ~ August 6, 2008 |
    | Family of 4 ~ April 2, 2011 |
    | Family of 5 - October 24, 2012 |
  • image redshoegirl:
    (Lori, I know you'll appreciate this because I know Joseph did the same thing!)

We recently finished making our DIY Moby wraps for the pirates, and when we were done Ben held one up and asked me how you use it. I started explaining, when he told me to hang on and he'd get a prop. He came back with the cat. Mmmmhmmm.

The end result looked like this (obviously we need to work on our wrap tying technique lol):

OMG Love it! Great job!  Yes, J did the same thing with our pug Regina.  And it looks like we have the same fabric (or at least the same color)!  

Is Ben comfortable in it?  I cannot tell, can he make a knot with the tails? It looks a little short for him...how long did you make it.  Ours is 6 yards (a tad long, I think we could have done 5.5 yds. but I like the longer tails so I can get a good knot).

And with Libby at about 1 week old:

• image RD913:
    This is great!  How did he get the cat to cooperate?  My cat would have scratched my eyes out.  Priceless picture for the baby album for sure!

Jake is THE most laid back cat in the world, and he looooooves it when Ben carries him around. At first he was kind of wild-eyed when we stuffed him into the wrap, but then he settled down and was just like, "Oh OK. Cool. I kinda like this!" 

image Married2MrWright:

Is Ben comfortable in it?  I cannot tell, can he make a knot with the tails? It looks a little short for him...how long did you make it.  Ours is 6 yards (a tad long, I think we could have done 5.5 yds. but I like the longer tails so I can get a good knot).

He seemed pretty comfortable in it...he was wearing the cat for a good 15 minutes lol. The fabric is 6 metres long, so a bit longer than 6 yards...I think the tails are a bit short because we didn't really get it fitted properly (it's not snug enough over the shoulders) - once we get better at tying it (this was literally the first try!) I think we'll have longer tails to work with.

• I love that the cat is so chill. I have one that would let you do that, the other one would leave you in the ER