Decorating & Renovating

Can I use cayenne pepper to repel rabbits?

We always have a ton of rabbits in our yard. There were 2 nests last year that we know of in our yard but I haven't done inventory this year.  Besdies our dog eating all of their crap and literally getting sick, they ate 2 full flats of freshly planted annuals last year in THE SAME AFTERNOON that I planted them. I'm talking, I planted, went inside to clean up and take a nap, and came outside and everything was gone.

I was going to trap them and rehome them last summer.  I tried for 3 months and only got 1 chipmunk, which died in the trap.

I also tried that repellant spray (the kind that smells like rotten eggs) and it didn't do squat.

DH tried stunning them and scaring them off w/a bb gun and that has also done nothing (no flames. We are 100% sure that none were injured or killed in the process.)

I was considering sprinkling cayenne pepper inside of their nests and around/over my plants. I read that this can help keep dogs out of certain areas but I wasn't sure how it would work for rabbits.... Would that work?

Or any other ideas are appreciated. We cannot do any sort of fencing so that option is out.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Can I use cayenne pepper to repel rabbits?