What's Cooking?

Cute Meal Planner Template, and planning advice?

We have *got* to get our acts together and plan our meals. It's so hit and miss lately.

We belong to a CSA so that's always decided for us...it's just what to do with what's coming and buy supplementary groceries for those meals that has us stumped. And in a rut.

So share your template (or template resource) and any advice you care to share!

TIA!

ps - I should be on this board more ;-)

My Life Blog My Book Review Blog

Be wary of people who say they don't have a toilet...because where are they putting their s**t?

Re: Cute Meal Planner Template, and planning advice?

• I really like the templates contained in this post on Design*Sponge.
  • image FieryIrishAngel:
    I really like the templates contained in this post on Design*Sponge.

I've never seen that site before, it's super cute! I love her grocery lists.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

bfp 01/23/10 m/c 12w1d 03/14/10 EDD 09/24/10
    bfp 07/20/10 m/c 5w1d 07/25/10
    bfp 11/19/10 Born 07/24/11 via C/S

My Forever Sister From Another Mister~CashewsMommy!!

• image dthetford:

Here is my post on creating a food calendar

Thanks! (and I added you to my reader :-) )

Be wary of people who say they don't have a toilet...because where are they putting their s**t?

• image FieryIrishAngel:
    I really like the templates contained in this post on Design*Sponge.

Thanks! This one is awesome, too :-)

• Emmie, this doesn't quite answer your question, but does your CSA have recipes? When I did a CSA I loved this recipe site: http://www.tdwilleyfarms.com/csa/frrecipes.html. Got the box, looked up recipes, went shopping.
    My favorite place on earth: The Amargosa Valley.
  • *waves at EmmieB, Passanie*

So I'm pretty low tech, and do my meal planning one week at a time using Google tasks in my Gmail account. Basically I just list out the days of the week that I know both DH and I will be home and will have time to make a real dinner, and write down what I'm going to make each day. I usually do this on the weekend, right before I make a grocery list and go shopping. It helps that we get our CSA box on Friday (and a little note on Thursday telling us what we'll get) so I can plan a bit around that.

And ditto Passanie on the recipes from the CSA - our box comes with an info sheet each week that includes one or two recipes for some of the things included. If you want to give us an idea of what you've been getting/what you will get coming up, I may have some specific recipe ideas. In general, I've found frittata and quiche to be good ways to use up random vegetables  :)  I also cooked some quinoa last week and just topped it with mushrooms I sauteed with shallots and butter, then s+p. I plan to do that again this week with some random veggies I have from the CSA box, including asparagus.

• Hi girls!

Our CSA does have recipes, but it's only two or three  and our box overflows and then there's the rut...

SM - I did this asparagus the other night - easy and tasty:

http://goodthingscatered.blogspot.com/2010/03/judys-simply-delicious-asparagus.html