Trouble in Paradise

Silly Confessions...

Confess something that everyone (or most everyone) can do but you can't.

1. I can't swim. I can wade in the water, but I hate jumping off a diving board b/c I fear I wont' come back up.

2. I can't wink. At all, I look like a ra-tard.

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't."

Re: Silly Confessions...

• I can't wink either, or whistle.  Or blow gum bubbles.
  • I can't sew anything more than a button to save my life. And I took a costume design class in college where sewing was half the semester

I also can't raise one eyebrow and I really wish I could, it looks so James Bondish

• I can't style my hair. Maybe it's lack of practice, but good hair for me is kinda a coin toss. Either it dries nice or it doesn't (even if i blow dry it and use product). The best I know how to do if it dries poorly is tie it back with a clip.
  • Oh man, I can't style my hair either.  I've always blamed it on my crap hair rather than my lack of skill, though.  It looks like hell when I go to the salon, too, even worse than when I do it.
  • i cant wistle for the life of me

i can't divide or multiply in my head. i have to use a calculator =( sad i know!

im addicted to starbucks, anyone else?

• 1. Snap with my right hand. I'm left handed but do everything else with my right.

2. Anything above basic math. One reason college and I didn't mesh. The teacher made me feel sofa king wee tod id. Maybe I am. 

• I can't sleep with music playing.I will stay up all night listening to it and eventually get really pissed if I can't turn it off.

I can't move my ring finger independently. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Add me to the list of sad hair?

I have no clue how to style my hair.

Which is why I usually keep it short so I can look like I'm trying to do the trendy slightly tossled look?

• Can't snap

Can't wink

And everytime I tell someone that they try to help me learn!  It doesn't work!

• I keep it long so I don't look like Yahoo Serious.
  • I really can't wink either - my face gets all scrunchy it's weird!
  • I can wink, but I wasn't able to for years. My ex used to make fun of me and tell me I looked retarded when I tried. Yeah, awesome. So I learned how and practiced. 

Cucumber, in large amounts, gives me gas. Which is sad because I used to like to slice one and put a little salt on it for a snack.

• image pitty:

2. Anything above basic math. One reason college and I didn't mesh. The teacher made me feel sofa king wee tod id. Maybe I am. 

im with you sister! never was able to do it either...just hasn't clicked. i feel sofa king wee tod id too!

• imoanimoan
    Eighth Anniversary 10000 Comments
    I can't whistle.  And (this is embarrassing), I have a hard time telling time. I have to stare at a watch or a clock for a good while before being able to determine the time. 
    Currently Reading: Don Quixote by Miguel De Cervantes
  • 1.  I can't ride a bike or roller skate.

2.  I can't style my hair fancy, like braid it or curl it.  My repertoire consists of a blow-dryer and a straight iron.

3.  I can't tan - I am either a shade of pale or look like a cherry tomato.

This is my siggy.
  • My hair usually looks pretty good after a salon blow out. My secret trick for events is to get my hair cut that day. It has backfired though.

And add me to the bad at math list. I have completely forgotten how to do division, and i need it for converting fractions to decimals in my work, all the time.

• I can't whistle either. Looks like a lot of us are in that boat!
    image "Evolutionary game theorists...ignoring beebees on the nest since 2005"
  • Whistle = fail for gaultry as well. 

I have a terrible short-term memory. If I don't write things down right away or say it over and over in my head, I forget in about 20 seconds.

• image gaultry:

I have a terrible short-term memory. If I don't write things down right away or say it over and over in my head, I forget in about 20 seconds.

omg! me too!!! i thought i was the only one who forgets things like this.... 10 seconds later..i forgot already =(

• I have never been able to do those posters where you are supposed to look at a bunch of dots/lines or whatever and see a hidden picture...3D optical illusion posters I think they are? They were really popular in the late 80's/early 90's. 

• I do not know how to wear make-up well. I was never taught and I'm embarassed about finding someone to teach me.

But I feel like I need to know.

I hate wearing it, though. So I'm not sure why I care.

• Can't do my hair (even my pony tails look like crap)

Can't do eyeliner

I have decent book smarts, but can't explain my methods for the life of me.  My friends learned early not to come to me for math help.

First Blog! Critique Welcome!
    image Buying A Home
  • I cant do eyeliner either! I just recently went to Merle Norman to have them teach me and my hands were shaking because I was trying to be so precise :( Epic fail

2. I have a HORRIBLE time with simple math..this is embarassing...if the sum of two numbers is over 10 I have to use fingers...I seriously had to use the calculator today for 16+17..I dont remember the answer and I cant do it without fingers :(

3. I also CANNOT try dresses on that have to go over my head..pretty sure its all a mental thing but when I went shopping for a wedding dress there were 10+ dresses that I couldnt/wouldnt try on because I couldnt step into them

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker