Austin Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Areas around Lost Creek (78746)

Hello all. My husband might be getting a job in Austin. The offices are in the 78746 zip code, which looking online seems to be the Lost Creek area. Housing seems pretty pricey there compared to other real estate I have seen in Austin, but I know traffic in Austin can be horrible, so wondering if anyone can tell me good areas to live that are close to there but not as pricey. We are early 30s and will have a two year old and a newborn, and are looking for a very friendly young family neighborhood where we are sure to meet people since we would know noone!!

Thanks!

Re: Areas around Lost Creek (78746)

• My husband works in that area and we live in Southwest Austin.  It takes him about 20-30 min to get to work in the morning depending on when he leaves, so not too bad.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I agree w/ pp's suggestions on areas.  There is a wide range of homes in S Austin, and just about all of it is young-family friendly. 

Looking at a map, Circle C Ranch and has a wide range of houses/ prices available and has a great community setup.  You can go west towards Oak Hill for older homes, or East towards Shady Hollow.  Everything inbetween Brodie and Manchaca is going to be convenient as well.

Good luck and welcome!