Austin Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Re: my new bangs. :(

• holy crap they look really bad.  what can i do???  SurpriseAngry
    image image image image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • They're really not bad...probably a little shorter and thinned out than you were looking for, but totally workable.  When you get home, wet them down and blow dry them so it mimics more of a sideswept bang.  In a week, they'll be just where you want them.

I wouldn't even look twice at you--it really looks fine.  I totally understand being upset, though.

• Don't worry! Bangs grow really fast. In three weeks, you will need a trim and you can go to someone who won't chop them up. I don't think they look bad, btw, just kind of uneven. When I was growing mine out or had a "bad bangs day," I would pin them back with bobby pins. 
    Business Cat. image
  • I don't think they're bad either.  I totally get your being upset, because if you don't like your own hair then it just feels like you look funny.  But you really don't look funny at all.

I agree that time is your best option here.  They'll be grown out enough to recut before you know it.

BTW, what were your bangs like before?  Or did you not have bangs before?  And have you let the salon know that you're unhappy with your cut? 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • i had super cute side swept bangs that were about 1/2 inch longer than my eyebrows.  i just thought they would be cuter if they went all the way across.  i told the lady to cut more to give me thicker bangs but i didn't want uma thurman in pulp fiction.  so when she cut them, they were pretty blunt across my eyebrows and i looked like my mom in 1986.  she said she'd texturize them but that clearly didn't work out. 

i don't even want to bother telling her.  i'm never going back to her and its impossible to give me back my hair.  the whole thing had a bad feeling to it because she had to switch salons and then her credit card machine didn't work and she hates her new salon.  overall suckiness.  

and they're too short to side sweep them...the hairs on 2/3 of my forehead just stick straight up when i try to sidesweep them.  i'm going to target and buying out their headbands.  

soo don't want to go to work..

image image image image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Those are seriously not bad!  They are cute!  Yes
    [My Domestic Addiction]

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter
  • I'm sorry you're so unhappy with them.  I agree that it isn't as bad as you think (but I know that doesn't really help if you don't like them).  Your picture reminds me of Rashida Jones. (They're a little shorter than hers but before long you'll just like her)  Yes
    [IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/rwjjpd.jpg[/IMG]
  • image KateAggie:

They're really not bad...probably a little shorter and thinned out than you were looking for, but totally workable.  When you get home, wet them down and blow dry them so it mimics more of a sideswept bang.  In a week, they'll be just where you want them.

I wouldn't even look twice at you--it really looks fine.  I totally understand being upset, though.

ditto!  they'll grow out quickly.

when I'm lazy and/or want my bangs out of my face, I use a pin or barrett and do a little pouf in front.  maybe try that until they grow a little more? 

[IMG]http://tinyurl.com/7trsf2k[/IMG]
    merry everything!
  • image Jess.O:
    I'm sorry you're so unhappy with them.  I agree that it isn't as bad as you think (but I know that doesn't really help if you don't like them).  Your picture reminds me of Rashida Jones. (They're a little shorter than hers but before long you'll just like her)  Yes

This!  Girl, you look really cute!