West Coast Florida Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Check Your Privacy

Just saw this on fb and re-posted but wanted to post here for those interested:

Spokeo.com is a website that lists personal information about you for all the world to see. Your address, pictures of your property, phone number, email addresses, how many people live in your home, your credit score.....anything and everything! If you want to remove yourself go to www.spokeo.com/privacy.

I was a bit disturbed to find some of the information that I found on myself and others on some random website without my consent.

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Check Your Privacy

• Mindy posted this on FB the other day.  Most everything they had on me was incorrect.  Well, they did have my correct street address but the picture was not my house!  I really need to request my info to be removed but every time I try to access the link my computer won't connect.....thanks for reminding me!

Baby Macy is here!

12/09 - Macy (daughter) | 4/10 - Began TTC Baby #2 | 12/10 - Chemical Pregnancy | 1/12 - Miscarriage at 14 weeks | DX - PCOS & Hyperthyroidism
  • OMG! Thank you! I think its funny though, according to them my house is worth $1M+, lol

• I am not on there anywhere. :(
  • I'm nowhere to be found, but H's interests are "shopping and hanging out."
    image image
  • Make sure to check for your name AND email address to remove both.
  • Yeah, some of the info is obviously wrong (it says I'm in my 40s lol) but I'd rather be safe than sorry so I removed myself just in case.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My mom was not too happy when I told her I have "elderly parents" according to this website
    Baby Macy is here!

12/09 - Macy (daughter) | 4/10 - Began TTC Baby #2 | 12/10 - Chemical Pregnancy | 1/12 - Miscarriage at 14 weeks | DX - PCOS & Hyperthyroidism
  • Apparently my mom and I are in a house together and both "children."  Ha!
    image image
  • OMG wow. That is really scary!!! I am on their under my maiden name and my H is on their too. Which allows them to see info on both of our parents as well. I am removing both of us and am going to pass all of this info on.

Thank you!!!

• image Savannah6783:
    Make sure to check for your name AND email address to remove both.

Good point.   

BabyFruit Ticker
  • image blondeG8Rbride:

image Savannah6783:

Good point.   

For whatever reason, when I tried to have them remove my email search results, this is what I got:

We cannot remove email search results. Please read our email removal instructions

I am going to find away to write them and have it taken off, as soon as I get home.
  • Wow, I am all over that.  It's under my maiden name and it's my parents' address but there is some really detailed information including my zodiac sign, age range, and some other stuff.  But yeah, my house is worth 1 million too.  Wow, maybe I should sell...

Remove.

• Liz posted it the other day on FB too. I found it interesting that for my H, our house was listed as $1M plus, but under my name it said below average. It also said we both were single with no children. But the most incorrect part, was that it said my H was a female, and the picture of "him" was a teenage (or very early twenty-something) non-white female.
  • Thanks for this.  Who would have thought?  I will say though that it may be a good idea to search by both married and maiden name.  I looked up by my married name and they have nothing, but they have two listings for me under my maiden name.  Off to request they remove it. 
  • A lot of what it had for me was wrong. My sister and I are evidently married and live in my mom and stepdad's house together. 

This made me laugh, but I submitted to have my entry deleted yesterday and it was gone immediately.

• image tashaandsage:
    But the most incorrect part, was that it said my H was a female, and the picture of "him" was a teenage (or very early twenty-something) non-white female.

Haaaaaaa!!! I will admit this made me laugh out loud.

• Thanks for the info!
  • Thanks for posting this.  I had no idea & removed myself.
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers BabyName Ticker
  • Ha ha, these ppl suck, talk about having it all wrong!

I do like how I am middle class and live in a trailer park according to them! lol

image image
    Max 4-08-08 and Michael 2-03-91 (19 years olds)
    image Both boys were born w/ hirschsprung's disease, you find yourself facing this dx, please feel free to ask me any questions.
  • ohh and look they have a picture of my daughter? aww maybe its a sign that I will have another child, she is super cute, just wish she was really mine
    image image
    image Both boys were born w/ hirschsprung's disease, you find yourself facing this dx, please feel free to ask me any questions.
  • awww, they did find me.. via my email!!!! crap
    image image
  • image lilbit031203:
    image blondeG8Rbride:

image Savannah6783:

Good point.   

For whatever reason, when I tried to have them remove my email search results, this is what I got:

We cannot remove email search results. Please read our email removal instructions

I am going to find away to write them and have it taken off, as soon as I get home.

If it shows information with your email then this is public to everyone just as if  you were to search on Google for the email address. You need to go to the websites that are listing the information and change your privacy settings.  The only information my email is displaying from me is an old photo and I have NO idea where it is coming from.