Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Garbage disposal making a buzzing noise but not working?

Does anyone know how to reset it or have you had this problem before.

Re: Garbage disposal making a buzzing noise but not working?

• I had this problem before - turns out a pop tab had gotten caught between the blades and jammed it up. Disconnect the power to the disposal and stick your hand down there and see if somethings stuck.
  • If you have a set of allen wrenches, there's a place at the bottom of your garbage disposal that you can stick it in.  Spin it around a little, and it should start working.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Growing up we would spin it w/ a broom handle with the disposal turned off and that should get it going.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Obviously, try the reset button first. If that doesn't work ... I totally do the "broom handle" trick. It's probably just stuck. I actually have a small plunger I bought not for plunging but for freeing the disposal. Stick it down there and move the blades loose. Press the reset button again and you should be set!
  • This happened to us a few months ago.  Dh took the disposal apart, and fiddled w/ the pieces inside, and plugged it back in.  Try resetting it first; that might do the trick.
    -- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Sounds like something could be stuck. Disconnect it and take a peak inside.
    image,image, image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker