Fashion & Beauty
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Nailtiques vs. OPI Nail Envy

Has anyone used both?  How do they compare?

I've always sworn by Nailtiques - it has really improved the strength of my nails and I love it.  But I see so many recs for Nail Envy on here, I'm wondering if its even better?  Am I missing out?

Re: Nailtiques vs. OPI Nail Envy

• I think it's personal preference. I like Nailtiques better. My sister only uses Envy.
  • I've never used Nailtiques, but wasn't overly impressed with Nail Envy.
  • Neither- Nail Tek II is way better than both of them
  • I've used both, but now only use Nail Envy. I thought Nailtiques worked well, but I had problems with the polish flaking off after a couple of days. I don't have that problem with Nail Envy and it strengthens my nails and they look great.
    image"I've always followed my father's advice: he told me, first to always keep my word and, second, to never insult anybody unintentionally. If I insult you, you can be goddamn sure I intend to. And, third, he told me not to go around looking for trouble." -John Wayne
  • Actually, i have a problem with the Nailtiques itself flaking off if I put on more than one coat...
  • The main ingredients are almost the exact same. I can't imagine that they can be that much different. 

OPI Nail Envy:
    Butyl acetate, toluene, ethyl acetate, nitrocellulose, tosylamide/formaldehyde resin, dibutyl phthalate, acrylates copolymer, isopropyl alcohol, amyl acetate, butyl alcohol, cellulose acetate butyrate, formaldehyde, stearalkonium hectorite, benzophenone-1, calcium pantothenate, hydrolysed wheat protein, Cl 77891 (titanium dioxide), Cl 60725 (Violet 2).

Nail tek II:
    Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, SD Alcohol-40b, Nitrocellulose, Dibutyl Phthalate, Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Water, Butyl Alcohol, Formaldehyde, Acrylates Copolymer, Benzophenone-1, Dimethicone, Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Calcium, Protein, Pentavitin, D&C Violet #2.

Nailtique:
    Ethyl Acetate , Butyl Acetate , Nitrocellulose , Tosylamide Formaldehyde Resin , Isopropyl Alcohol , Acrylates Copolymer , Epoxidized Soybean Oil , Gelatin , Wheat Amino Acids , Hydrolyzed Keratin , Calcium Pantothenate , Benzophere-1 , Etocrylene , Dimethicone , Violet 2 CI 60725

• I use OPI Nail Envy and it's definitely helped my nails.  GL!
    My sweet boy
    imageimage
  • I love Nail Envy. I don't need it that much anymore since my nails are so strong now.