Baltimore Nesties

Hyundai BOGO $1???

Okay, so how on earth does this actually work?  Antwerpen currently has a promotion that says if you buy a 2010 Sonota or Santa Fe you can get an Elantra for $1. 

I heard it on a commercial and just looked it up on-line.  They have an ad on-line that says the same thing, but there isn't anywhere that I can find more information.  It says to call for details, but since I am not a serious buyer, I don't want to call.

So how does this work???  Inquiring (nosey) minds want to know.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Hyundai BOGO $1???

• Dude, if you find out, post here.  Mr. Arb and I both need new cars
  • If you buy one I get one for a dollar!!! Thanks Weezie
  • I have no idea how it works but a friend of mine did this his highschool, him and his sister each got a car and split the cost of one. I thought it was the coolest thing ever!
  • I'm very curious about how this works.  I assume at the very least you have to pay the taxes and registration fees for the second car.  I also would imagine that those may have to be paid out-of-pocket, because I doubt you could roll it into the financing of the first car.

But my real queastion is...  How does the titling work?  What would stop a person from going and buying car A in order to pay $1 (plus taxes) for car B then purposfully defaulting on Car A.  What recourse would the dealership have?  Can they reposes Car B?

It has the jurisprudence geek in me very intrigued!

• That is a great deal! TOo bad we are not in need of a vehicle. I had Elantra  years ago and it was very nice.
  • You have to pay taxes and all fees on both cars. I am fairly certain that if there is a lien on car A that car B has a lien on it as well, but I could be wrong.
    I will ask H, he will know.
  • DH saw this, and we totally wish we could have taken advantage of this when we bought our Hyundai last June!  We've been really happy with ours, fyi!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I would definetly love more info on this when anyone gets it... I think i'm going to need a new car soon anyway and heck if i can get 2 for the price of 1 essentially that makes me happy! Then i can not run up the mileage hopefully... my poor car is only 6 years old and i have nearly 100,000 miles on it already!

DS Nicholas 7.17.04 DD Emma 6.6.06
  • Wow I'm interested in this too....  Keep me posted.
    IUI#1 = 09/10 - Canceled - Dx w/POF
    DE IVF #1= 04/11 - BFP
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • my h works there and it is actually only a 2 year lease on the 2nd car.  For anyone that wanted to know.  It is kinda tricky but you still get a car for 2 years for $1
  • image MDMelissa:
    my h works there and it is actually only a 2 year lease on the 2nd car.  For anyone that wanted to know.  It is kinda tricky but you still get a car for 2 years for $1

Thanks for the update!!!  We put too many miles on a car in a year to get a lease Sad.

IUI#1 = 09/10 - Canceled - Dx w/POF
    DE IVF #1= 04/11 - BFP
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ahh...  I knew there had to be a catch!  Thanks for sharing.