What's Cooking?
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Can you cut potatoes ahead of time?

Is it okay to cut potatoes ahead of time?

Are there any steps to keep them fresh once cut?

Thanks!

Re: Can you cut potatoes ahead of time?

• Yes, but keep them in a tub of water until you're ready to use them or they'll turn brown.
  • I do!  I just put them in a bowl of water in the fridge until I'm ready to use them. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image kimnelson09:
    Yes, but keep them in a tub of water until you're ready to use them or they'll turn brown.

AHH! So that is the secret! I tried that once for loaded potato soup in the crock pot and left them in the crock overnight (without the crock on) and they were BROWN as all heck when I woke up. We ate out that night. ;)

• image kimnelson09:
    Yes, but keep them in a tub of water until you're ready to use them or they'll turn brown.

This is what we do.  I've actually had potatoes last 3 days this way. 

Master of Disguise