Austin Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Rec your upholstery/carpet cleaners

The short version is that we switched couches with my mom. And she has 2 large dogs, so the one we now have SMELLS to high heaven. There's no pee or anything like that, just a very strong aroma and one very dark spot from people's hair products on one seat. You can smell it when you walk in our house, and it's nowhere near any of the doors. In fact, it's upstairs. This is after she used about a bottle of Febreze on the thing.

So yeah, it needs to be cleaned ASAP. It's a sectional ad I'm not even going to put it together until it's cleaned because I literally want every surface (front,back, sides) cleaned to get the smell out.

Sooo..... Can you rec somebody you've used for upholstery, or carpet cleaners you've been happy with?

Re: Rec your upholstery/carpet cleaners

• K&M Cleaners is the best in Austin, IMO.  Lots of Nesties have used them too. 

My DH is friends with the owner, Ken (known each other since HS).  You're welcome to name drop and say you know us.  Hey, maybe you'll get an extra discount? :) Jon and Shannon Shefflin. (not our last name spelling, but it's the correct pron.)

ETA: Does this mean the bedroom furniture drama is over?

• Yes, thank you! We used them for our carpets last time and they did a great job but I forgot the name of the company.
  • image MrsRosie:

Shannon Shefflin. (not our last name spelling, but it's the correct pron.)

I totally butchered the pronunciation of your name to the carpet people. ha! but they still figured it out and knew who you were.  :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image jml5q:
    image MrsRosie:

Shannon Shefflin. (not our last name spelling, but it's the correct pron.)

I totally butchered the pronunciation of your name to the carpet people. ha! but they still figured it out and knew who you were.  :)

LOL!  Awesome.  Seriously, I answer to just about anything.  The other day I got a phone call asking if I was Mrs. Skopofolin.

• We used K&M cleaners based on recs from Nesties.  They were great!  They got stuff out of our carpet that other steam cleaners couldn't get out.