Nest Book Club

Does anyone remember the scratch and smell stickers of the 80's

I found some last night in a box of random crap I had in the basement.  (Yes, I am a pack rat).  They should have made one that smelled like a sharpie marker. 

Sorry for the HUGE picture

Re: Does anyone remember the scratch and smell stickers of the 80's

• YES!!!!  I even had a sticker book with an entire page dedicated to scratch n sniff!
    image image image
  • We totally collected stickers.  I used to carry my book around with me constantly.

My favorite Cake Wreck ever.

"Choose life unafraid." - Debora Geary
  • I used to live for those stickers!! They were the best things in the world!

And I used to come home from kindergarten every day with a colorful nose from sniffing those markers all day.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary 

Books Read in 2014: 10 
  • This just made me so nostalgic and happy.
    imageimage

• Yay!  I had a bunch of those!  I looked through them all and kept thinking things like, "Oh!  The grape jelly one!  Ooh... Bubblegum!  Why didn't the bubble-gum machine ones smell stronger?"  etc...

Thanks for the memories!

• I used to collect stickers too!  I loved them.  I still do, sort of, but DH has made me tone it down a little, and I don't have as much use for them.  Now I collect fun office supplies instead.

It's funny (or maybe sad) how we used to walk around with our sticker books all the time, and now my neices won't leave the house without their Nintendo DS.

• I LOVED LOVED LOVED those! Especially the ones we got at 7/11.

I had (still have) a sticker book that was all the rage - we traded stickers left and right during recess.

• image shellmh:

I used to live for those stickers!! They were the best things in the world!

And I used to come home from kindergarten every day with a colorful nose from sniffing those markers all day.

Are these the markers that smell like food?  I loved these! 

• LOVED the scratch and sniff stickers.  My school even had a sticker trading club that met once per week at lunchtime in the library.
  • image shellmh:

Uh... I have a set of these that I still use!  Embarrassed

And I went to a training course last year that had them for brainstorming on big flipcharts.  I had a hard time not looking like an idiot as I kept inhaling the marker scents all week!  Haha!

• I still have my "sticker" book somewhere in my house
    LMAO

used to love the scratch and sniff.  I was also big on collecting the "puffy" stickers.

60 Books in 2013?

Books read in 2013: 65
    Books read in 2012: 70

Follow my SK blog as I reread the entire SK library (again!):
    http://www.skallthetime.blogspot.com/
  • Um hello, I was a teenager then.  Resident old person here.

176 books read in 2012 17 books read in 2013 :
    Kristin's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • image shellmh:

I have 3 sets of these sitting on the shelf behind me... you can still buy them through teacher supply catalogs. I heart them. :)

• I had a sticker book too! Loved collecting.Scratch 'n' sniff were the best. and the bubbled ones too.
  • image booneybear:
    image shellmh:

Are these the markers that smell like food?  I loved these! 

Yes they are!! Right before our wedding I was sorting through my stuff in my parent's basement and found a box of these.. I sat there for hours with the things stuck to my nose. I don't know what it is about them. I can't resist them!! I wish I had some at work.. they'd help me get through the day sometimes. 

Anniversary 

• Yes, I do!  That picture made me smile.

Not only did I collect stickers, I actually had a sticker-themed birthday party once.  My mom took white gift boxes, wrote each girl's name on one, and filled them with a sticker book and several sheets of stickers.  Of course, the boxes were also decorated with stickers.  I'm am fairly certain that I have a box of childhood stuff in my mom's house that probably includes my sticker books!

• image myJunegirls:

I still have my "sticker" book somewhere in my house
    LMAO

used to love the scratch and sniff.  I was also big on collecting the "puffy" stickers.

me too, me too! I had tons of those.

• image cif8:

Yes, I do!  That picture made me smile.

Not only did I collect stickers, I actually had a sticker-themed birthday party once.  My mom took white gift boxes, wrote each girl's name on one, and filled them with a sticker book and several sheets of stickers.  Of course, the boxes were also decorated with stickers.  I'm am fairly certain that I have a box of childhood stuff in my mom's house that probably includes my sticker books!

That's such a cool idea!!

PS..michellibell,I'm just a little bit jealous of you right now!

Anniversary 

• image Ashley T:
    image myJunegirls:

I still have my "sticker" book somewhere in my house
    LMAO

me too, me too! I had tons of those.

Ditto!  The "oilies" were the best!  Yes

Now I want to go to my parents basement and find my collection...

• image Young_Love:
    This just made me so nostalgic and happy.

This. :) For both the scrach 'n sniff stickers and the Mr Sketch markers.

• AWE.SOME.

75 BOOKS IN 2014?
    53/75
    photo OutlanderMafia.jpg  
    It's slippery as waterweed.
    Photo: Matt Nathanson finds me witty. No big deal.
    Matt Nathanson finds us witty.  No big deal.  #lifeiscomplete
  • I had sticker books! Collections of stickers safely pasted in one place for my viewing enjoyment.

imageimage

My Badges:
    imageimageimage  image imageimage image image image image image imageimage imageimage image image image image image

• Love it!  I think I had every single one of those, haha. 

Books read in 2012: 61
    Books read in 2011: 77
    Books read in 2010: 42
    Books read in 2009: 52
  • The other day DS opened up an old book of mine and two of the gumball machine stickers came fluttering out.  They still smelled like gum!

You guys are really bringing back memories!  A used to also collect Wacky Packages. I had a whole sticker album for them.  Anyone, anyone???

• I think I was only lucky enough to have the Peppy Mint one but I loved puffy stickers and the fuzzies were my favorite- all the cute animals? How can you resist sheets of sandilion? I had two photo albums full of stickers.

Mmm. Mr Sketch- I need some of those. Never liked licorice, but who did, really?

image image
    Izzy and Baby A ~ Adorable Punks
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • image RevJen:
    We totally collected stickers.  I used to carry my book around with me constantly.
    This, definitely this!  Remember the skunk scented one?

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/3563373/cat-reading-o.gif
  • They were awesome!  My favorite was the peanut butter scented one.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Jim & Kristen ~ August 19, 2006
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • image sassypants527:
    image RevJen:
    We totally collected stickers.  I used to carry my book around with me constantly.
    This, definitely this!  Remember the skunk scented one?

That reminds me of a Littlest Pet Shop set I had with a skunk.. that smelled like a skunk. (in the lower right corner)

Anniversary 

• image julie37619:
    YES!!!!  I even had a sticker book with an entire page dedicated to scratch n sniff!

I wondered when Lisa Frank was going to show up in this thread!  Nice user pic julie!  Haha!

• image shellmh:
    image cif8:

Yes, I do!  That picture made me smile.

That's such a cool idea!!

PS..michellibell,I'm just a little bit jealous of you right now!

Ha! If you play your cards right ;) I might just do a givaway when I order new supplies next year... LOL!